Ideas to find partners for a web hosting company please.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by sunoy14, Jan 24, 2015.

1. sunoy14

sunoy14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi.

I run a web hosting company. It's still new and has been running for around 2 months. Still needs a little work

I need to partner up with some other related websites and am looking for some ideas and ways to do it. Can you guys help me out? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I came up with one plan. I was thinking of putting around 10 partners' logos with links to their website on the homepage below the pricing table. And also in the partner links in the footer in return for mine on theirs.

How would you go about looking for partners? And what kinds of ideas would you implement you were to partner up with others?

Thanks

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Well done on setting up your business and best of luck for the future of it sunoy1.

What is your objective for those partnerships, in what way do you want them to help your business?

• Like Like x 1
  3. sunoy14

sunoy14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe we could help each other by referring visitors to each other, put up logo links or text links in certain pages or posts, etc.

I'm not clear about the plans yet :). Can you please suggest some ideas?

Thank you.

4. Jybrael

Jybrael
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all it would be quite difficult for both of you to promote your own businesses and profit if you are both running a similar business model for your website hosting. So with a partner you will need to really try and get someone who is in the same line of business but with different products than you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. IrekJanek

IrekJanek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Did you see this thread: "Thoughts on this idea" in Business Advice area. Maybe you guys could work together.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WetNoseWaggyTail

WetNoseWaggyTail
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It sounds like you're looking for affiliates to help sell your services via their websites or blogs?

If you were looking for partners you'd need to look for a niche close to your business but not the same, so for hosting you could try small web design agencies who encourage their clients to use your hosting etc.

7. sunoy14

sunoy14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Ownedbox,
    I tried to pm you but somehow I cannot send. So I'm replying here.

First of all, please tell me something about your tech website and please also do send me your tech website address.

Here is what I have in mind for partnership currently :
    1. I will put your website logo with link back to your website in the home page of hostbarrack below the pricings table. I'd need my logo with link back to hostbarrack.com from your homepage too.

2.I can also add your website's text link in a partners page. Then I will link to the partners page in the footer which will be sitewide. I'd need that from you too.

If you are interested, please PM me. And if you have any more ideas which would be mutually beneficial to both parties, please feel free to share with me :)

Best wishes.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

Thanks for the input. I have already been thinking to partner with some web designers but I think they all host their clients' websites themselves :(

8. Tedel

Tedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My best tip is to join as partners people with whom you would have the confidence to sign a contract with. Everyone else is not recommended. People often "change their minds" when there is money involved in something.

9. UCkeith

UCkeith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Looking at your website; a few suggestions that may help with visitor retention and possibly partnership. When you look at your "About Us" page, there is no information, where are you located, where is your datacenter and the Meet the Team section is missing. Today, unlike 10 years ago, prospects want to know where their data is stored, what kind of data protection is in place and how to they reach out to the company in the event of a disaster.

Also, web hosting is a huge market - my advise is to look for a niche and develop relationships and/or partnershiips within the niche. Your thought about web designers is spot on; however, many either host the sites themselves or have a reseller account with a hosting company.

Good luck in your venture.

Cheers
    Keith

10. sapett

sapett
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Promoting other web hosts on your own would likely lower your profits and client growth. You could inadvertently drive a lot of potential clients to someone else. I would proceed with caution if you're going to try this.