Ideas for additional cash in extra hours - web-related, etc. Advice, please

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by pmarch12, May 15, 2013.

1. pmarch12

pmarch12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, I currently work at a warehouse which is unrelated to web design, however I did go to school for web and other media outlets. I feel like I could be using those skills to make extra money, but I don't really know where to start or what to do exactly.

I know there is the possibility of starting a blog and some other newer techniques, but I really don't know too much about it and would love any advice.

I can design websites, edit video, make business cards, retouch photos, etc. I'm just not sure what skills to hone in on so I could gain something from it with the extra 4 or so hours I have each day. Would love any input.

2. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can post your services at fiverr.com,seoclerks,elance.com....

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

4. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are various things you can do for earning in the spare time. Starting your own blog and then putting stuff on it would involve a long term commitment. If you want to do gigs and earn like web designing then you can use freelancing sites to source assignments or have your own website and then promote your services via social media.

5. iggypop

iggypop
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well since you can design websites.. just create a website and offer website design services for a fee, if your good thats a good amount of income you can make.

6. pmarch12

pmarch12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks all, I was thinking more along the lines of using those skills to create something, like a business or service, something that wouldn't consume all of my time.

A lot of people seem to have business ideas and such, but do not have the design and marketing skills. I however feel like I could get the word out, but I really don't have too many ideas.

I like the idea of buying and selling... I don't know. I have many interests that I could expand on, but don't really know where to start.

I'm not so much looking to be a designer for others, but more a designer for myself. Do you know what I mean? Thanks again.

7. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can see which service you can offer and what you love

every business will get an up and down and if you love the work u do than you will sustain it

video editing is a good field and you can start getting jobs from different freelance websites

you can also look into SEO service or create a blog with information about whatever knowledge you have with adsense installed

In fact you can try all of them at a time and see which one works out for you.

8. joy2516

joy2516
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi
    seo is the best

9. pmarch12

pmarch12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Joy, thanks for the response. Why would you say SEO is best? I do have some experience with such. One thing that concerns me is that it takes a while for people to get results. What if they don't get the results they're looking for, or it's taking a long time? How much of an investment and learning process is involved? I currently know how to run reports(not sure if that is even really done anymore), insert keywords, optimize pages, descriptions and submit to search engines etc.

Again though, why would you say it's the best? How do people usually charge for it? Thanks.