Ideal Office Ideas

Discussion in 'Employer Issues' started by Justin McBride, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Justin McBride

Justin McBride
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are things to look for for an office housing an online buisness?

I would like about 3 computers, 2 desks, and an office chair and still room. Ideas?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Justin I suppose it really depends on your requirements. I myself have a small office with desk, PC, printer, scanner and filing cabinet that works just fine for me. Try to make your office as comfortable as possible, if you plan on spending a lot of time in it - invest in a good chair.

Also, pay some attention to the light in your office, the more natural light the better. If possible place your PC monitor so that the light source is coming from the side of it, rather than from in front or behind it.

3. zenab

zenab
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i think you are right i added one more thing which is important is coffee maker to relax

4. NealAAL

NealAAL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my beloved country the Philippines, the government offers tax exemptions for online businesses and BPOs. You may want to inquire with your internal revenue unit (IRS if you are in the US), if there is such a thing near your area.

Add to that, all the other things already mentioned and you may have what it takes to prop your feet up!

Sorry I'd like to clarify. There are buildings designated as such. I mean if you decide to rent a place in one of those buildings, your company and office will be tax free for a number of years.

5. sumon2461

sumon2461
    uix_expand uix_collapse

May be you forgot one thing! How about internet connectivity?

6. Darby

Darby
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's right I think you will need the fast one, fax machine, printer, scanner, and any other office stuff. And you might also have the meeting place for your employee and clients as well.

7. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Want a desktop computer inside the room chairs table and some equipments that are really helpful to the business.

8. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I staff to work for me, manpower is one of most important company assets. We can use money to buy those furniture and computer, but we cant use the same way to buy staff talent.

9. JuicyCafe

JuicyCafe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello fergal,

Sorry to ask but I was just curious what is the meaning of this? I don't really get it ( I know I'm slow ) lol.

Thanks in advance.
    Omar

10. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reading all the replies here I got a clear picture what is the important stuff for an office. Are your premises self owned or rented? Is there a window where you would be shifting your office?

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I have my PC monitor positioned so that it is perpendicular to the window in my office. In other words the window in the room is to one side of the monitor, rather than in front of it or behind it. I'm actually not sure how much it helps but I have read that it reduces glare and hence makes it easier to read from the screen.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JuicyCafe

JuicyCafe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks fergal now I get it. Where'd you read it by the way? I stay online for about 8 hours per day and my eyes really hurt sometimes.

13. Aun

Aun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

don't forget to have a set of chairs for individuals visiting your home office. Those individuals can be your friends or business persons who would like to sit in your office for any business reasons. Make some a formal look like.

14. luch

luch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't forget to have ambient music to keep your employees focused and productive :)