Ice cream parlour

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by bleepingdesign, Jan 3, 2017.

1. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm planning to open an ice cream parlor in my area. Initially, I thought of going the franchise way but then I changed my mind. I could save a lot of money if I start my independent shop. Yes, I will have to do a lot of work on my own like finding ice cream distributors/wholesalers, suppliers for cones, napkins, spoons etc but I'm ready for the challenge. That being said, I need your inputs so that I can have a better idea and the challenges I will face.

Note: For now, I will be only selling ice creams.

----------------------------
    What I have found so far:

1. Location: Near a Junior College.

2. Ice cream wholesaler

3. Suppliers for cones, napkins, spoons, cups

4. furniture and equipment

------------------------------

My doubts:

• What permits and license do I need: - If someone from India can answer this question it will really help.
    • As its an independent parlor, can I sell ice cream of any brand without giving the manufacturer credit?
    what I mean is, I will be purchasing large boxes containing approx 3 - 5 liters of ice cream (let say brand A_ and stock them in containers like the one you see in image below. Hence customers won't have an idea about the brand I'm selling. Is that allowed or will I get in trouble?

[​IMG]

can I brand the ice cream cups with my logo (example: The ice cream shop") and sell ice cream of various brands that are available in the market?

More tips by experienced small business owners are highly appreciated.

2. sin123

sin123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    Its a good plan.start your independent shop, and collect cones, napkins, spoons, cups from wholesale suppliers.i think any license is not required for this business.you cant sell ice cream of any brand without giving the manufacturer credit.

3. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How do you suggest to give credit to the manufacturer? I will be purchasing ice of multiple brands. let me know