I will launch a new mobile apps... any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Apps & Software' started by danemedel, Dec 12, 2012.

1. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually what i have in mind is launching 2 mobile apps.

1st is Mobile application for Android that detects a sounds and emails or notifies you.* Simple home/lab monitoring application.*

And the 2nd one is an applications both mobile and web.* It is questions and answers web site and mobile application.* The idea is people can get answers from their mobile phones when traveling or exploring New York City. They can ask questions and gt answer real time. You can even use this apps in helping other. For example you are looking for the people who are a victim of calamities, then real time you can get a reply either from the moderator or even on the visitor and user of the apps.

What do you think guys? Can I make a big impact on the mobile and web world with this apps?

Hope to get a feedback. Thank you all in advance.

2. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The problem with the first one is that many apps already do that. Most security systems now have them, as well as some other third parties.

The second could be a good idea. It's not original, but sites like that seem to do pretty well.

• Like Like x 2
  3. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, Thanks for your comment. i'm agree with you that there are a lot of security system around. Do you have any idea or a unique suggestions? features that doesn't have by other security system?

Yes this is gonna be a lot of work. Me and my team are working hard on this :D

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I was out with a friend of mine recently and he showed me live video feed on his mobile, that was coming from security cameras at his home. So, I agree with agentmanningctu that it would be difficult to compete with the existing technologies in that market. Perhaps there is an opportunity for a much lower cost product, maybe something simple and low cost that property owners could install themselves and hence have a very low cost security solution for their home?

Are you referring to something like Yahoo Answers?

5. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm sorry but i think we are having a little misunderstanding here. The idea of the apps is like this... It is a mobile phone application where in you will set it up on any phone, then it will alarm or send you email when something is wrong in your home or lab alarm system. Let's say your alarm system in your home is not working properly, this apps will detect it through sound then will notify you through email or text messaging. It's just like a back up apps for your alarm system. This apps is not yet live, we are still in the process.. So what do you think guys?

a sort of, but not totally. This 2nd apps is for both web and mobile, like for example you are in Madison Square Garden NY right now and you ask questions like "hey where can i find the nearest coffee shop here in MSG?" then by going to our website you can get an answer either from the user, visitor or moderator of our site using your mobile phone or laptop, then you can get a real answer real time. isn't that helpful? Well you can also answer those questions as well if you know it, this will gonna be a big help to everyone right? You can even ask location, people, food, travel etc. But as of now we are only offering this locally around New York and will add more location soon. The site was actually lunch but not that fix totally. We are still in the brainstorming session to improve our site. if you want you can visit it here http://www.alasker.com and please give me your feedback guys. We are hoping for more ideas, thoughts, comments and suggestions to improve it. We know that this is a nice concept that is why we really working hard on it. There is one question there by visitor asking about latest hurricane Sandy. He ask where can find those victim and he is willing to help. We answered his question and now he donated something to those people. Very nice right? We are actually helping other people's need with this web and phone apps.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sounds good, if it wasn't expensive to buy and if it wasn't difficult to set it up I'd be happy to use it.

By the way, I entered my email to join Alasker, but then couldn't figure out how to get beyond this page.

7. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you Fergal appreciate it.

Ohhh.. maybe there was an error again, as I've mentioned it is a newly launch website that is why we are still experiencing some error. Thanks for the info and we will work on that, I'll update you about it :)

8. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just to give you an update guys. We're almost there. We are preparing for the release of alasker earlier next year around January or February. :) Soon, alasker will change how we get information. Local. Immediate. Mobile. Fun! Oh BTW if you want to get on the list for updates sign up here - go to signup.alasker.com we will notify you when alasker is available :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the update danemedel, it sounds great and I look forward to the launch.

• Like Like x 1
  10. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yep, thanks Fergal. We are excited about it. All of us together with my team are working hard on it. At first we only concentrate around New York, but we got a lot of feedback and suggestions from other sites and now we decided to add more location soon :D

11. kristenhanna

kristenhanna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great one. Definitely you can be achieved with this apps, if this app reaches people in the right way.

12. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, and our aim is to help people. BTW please take a look on our site too and give us more feedback.

13. rajdeep01

rajdeep01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In order to know whether you’re succeeding, you’ll need to set some goals. Keep it simple, to start, by placing goals around active install rates, number of reviews and average rating score.

• Like Like x 1