i want to start my own business but need help....

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by anuj007, Oct 8, 2012.

1. anuj007

anuj007
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i want to sell vegetables through mobile vehicles like van etc. but i am not getting the exact way and model to start it..kindly hedlp med.....

2. fayt

fayt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you saying you need an exact model of a van to get started?

3. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Advise to make observation on existing vegetable store e.g. how many vegetable they provide, type of vegetable, Van model, area coverage. Basically, the whole process is like private detective

4. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are roadside stands that sell vegetables. Perhaps you should look at what they do to begin with. Then I would think you'd need to scout out locations where people would want to buy from you (you'd need a place to park and where people could pull over, as well as handle foot traffic, etc.) You'd need to find out what permits were required, etc., and any health department regulations.

Hopefully I'm understanding what you're asking.

5. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You just have to know which are the best locations,to sell to your target market.

6. kenzo

kenzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

While you are driving, or walking somewhere, try to think where and when it would be convenient for you to buy vegetables in such way. If you can find multiple spots in your area which you consider convenient for people, it can be a successful business. The advantage is that you can always change your spot if you use a van ;)

7. josephinesharla

josephinesharla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Generally for any type of business planning is the most important and this is the basic thing which we want to succeed in that field. To start that vegetable selling business, first you need to search the exact place, in which place you have got the profits and less competition. Then you have to know information about the transportation of the vegetables and you have to finds some business ideas by using internet.

8. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To start your business you should first make a budget. You must know the average rate of the vegetables in the market and what prices you would charge based on the cost incurred by you in procuring them. Since you will be selling these in a van. You would be going near your customers location in that case you need to take into account the fuel costs and add those to your prices as well.

If you don't already have a van then you would need to make provision for that as well from your initial investment.

Coming to the selling part, you should do the primary research and see how many people are already offering this type of service and what areas they operate in. Based on the findings you can make your plan and cater to areas which have low competition.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jay.

Jay.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

OP, I'm not sure if you still visit this website but I hope you return at some point to read some of the above advice, it could be a great help in getting you started if you haven't done so already. It'd be nice to hear if you've made any progress.

10. businessampm.com

businessampm.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good idea. I mention 2 suggestion for your vegetables business.
    1. create effective business strategy
    2. Select suitable location

11. ndirect

ndirect
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Also having a good steady source for products is important and an effective marketing plan!