I want to start an online business

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by Werita, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Werita

Werita
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone, I am a housewife and I would like to start an online business selling my handmade jewelry. Mostly are made from waterfresh pearls and crystals ,earrings,necklaces,bracelets. I have been reading about paypal, mobile credit card processors and their fees...:confused:ahh important...taxes!! There are so many things on the market that makes me very confused, add to that , that my english is not very good to understand many of the terms they use. Do someone has a small home based business like the one I want to start, that can guide me with all these things? So far I have an email account for the business, more than 80 pieces to offer and a lot of ganas to start!. I have been thinking in Etsy.com that si a site for selling crafts. I will appreciate any help.:D

2. Werita

Werita
    uix_expand uix_collapse

AH if you speak spanish..mucho mejor!!:)

3. Alan2011

Alan2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is good , you could sell them on ebay .

• Like Like x 1
  4. TomSmith20

TomSmith20
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try selling them to Ebay or maybe amazon. I think this will be sold fast.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Werita

Werita
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Could you tell me what are the fees on ebay? Thanks for your help

6. Werita

Werita
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Tom,WHen I did my research sounded that they charge a lot of fees, I will look again on both.What do you use to collect your money? Paypal? Do you know from someone who uses any of the mobile credit card processors? ANd, if you do, do you know the real charges? Today I will send a pair of earrings to a friend and check the mail cost..first step :).Many thanks for your help.

7. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I don't know much about hand-crafted jewelry or how to sell it but I'll toss in my opinions here.

I'm sure that people on eBay sell a lot of jewelry (they sell a lot of everything), but I have seen more written about etsy when it comes to selling thing like hand-crafted jewelry. I think people are more likely to find you there and more interested in what you are selling. Of course, you can do both, but I think you should focus on one at a time.

The second thing, which I think is at least as important as where your items are sold, is getting people to see your goods. My suggestion would be to start a blog that highlights your products but is also informative, like My Skull Beads. You can build up a following and people will link to your blog, which will bring even more people to your online store.

• Like Like x 1
  8. levinsonjewelers

levinsonjewelers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is good, you could sell them on ebay or amazon.

9. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For hand made jewelry I would also consider etsy.com as well as Ebay. Once you develop a solid client base you can also build your own store.

10. Robin Williams

Robin Williams
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well i would like to suggest to sell those items from ebay or amazon,talk with the admins get tied up and you could do better then making a fresh start from the new website as u mentioned.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

AND IF YOU ARE TO WILLING TO BUY THEM WITH EBAY OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL WEBSITES YOU SIMPLY HIRE SOME EXPERTS WHO HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THE FIELD OF E-COMMERCE:) ALL THE BEST

11. Justin McCollen

Justin McCollen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Starting an online business is not easy as some might think because there are a lot of things to consider. Business promotions is a nice start to let people know what you are selling and offering...

12. mkenneth

mkenneth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For handmade jewelry you can also try ebay or amazon. Its a good site for starting a new business.

13. eelizasanchez121

eelizasanchez121
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ebay and Amazon these two are the best!!!

14. soabbd

soabbd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ebay is the best place for you.

15. clairebaf

clairebaf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey :) aside from ebay what else is the best place to sell online?

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That very much depends on what you are selling? Did you read the suggestions in the other posts of this thread?

17. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't have a home business like yours, however I've researched the crafts business and can offer a suggestion. I've noticed that the majority of people on here have said to go with Etsy and Ebay, which are great places to start. However, they shouldn't be the ONLY place you attempt to sell. I believe that if you were to implement offline methods of advertising such as contacting/working with local craft shops, organize craft parties, attend and sell at craft shows, etc. you'll be able to bring more repeat customers to your business. There's an over saturation of people trying to sell crafts online and if that IS the method you wish to take, first thing is create a website, and advertise your website anywhere, and everywhere you possibly can. Create flyers for bulletin boards, etc. and direct them to your business.

You should try various means of advertising, as well as Ebay and Etsy to get your business rolling.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your product is great. Aside from promotion in other people's website, you may try to develop your own website and start promote through social media.

19. josephinesharla

josephinesharla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Online business is the awesome platform for earning money, especially for house wives this is the great opportunity for them. Because we can sit in our own home we can earning the money, this is really an amazing thing. You have chosen the good option.

20. wellhi

wellhi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sales online is not easy. Shipping fee and delivery should be considered, which is complex and easy to confuse.