I want to start a business selling cups

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Steven, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Steven

Steven
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want these cups placed in cafeterias at schools and at workplaces, particularly my job. These cups will be eco friendly. My question here is:

1. How do I convince these places they need my cups over the ones they currently use?
    2. Who would I even contact to even be considered for something like this?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You seem to be asking two questions here. In the title of your post, you say "I want to start a business selling cups", but in the content of the post, you place particular emphasis on your own workplace. In your own workplace, they probably have someone to purchase supplies for your workplace, and they already have suppliers for several different supplies, including cups. You can suggest that they use eco-friendly cups, but they will probably want to get them from their current supplier. The same thing applies to other workplaces and schools - your cups would have to be exceptional in order for them to consider using a separate supplier just for cups.

3. healingforce

healingforce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I thnk you should firstly write down some of the pros that your cups have compared to the ones your target are using then I'd make some advertising around the zone where you want to sell them and go there personally to talk with them and try to highlights what makes your cups different and also, if it's possible, try to set a lower price so that the customer would be prone to consider your offer.

4. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Saying that these cups are eco-friendly is just a nice idea. Have you done your research on how much it will cost to manufacture one? What resources are you going to use to live to that idea that they are friendly to the environment. I am pretty sure it will cost much to manufacture them compared with the other cups available. Will you make money from them? Business people are not going to pay more just because you are different they are also after profit and if you price higher it is a sure NO that they will not buy your cups.