I want to create a blog.

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Sandy, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Sandy

Sandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wanna what i shall do to attract people and increase traffic.

2. John125

John125
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You Must do, Socialbookmarking, Article Submission, Forum Posting, blog Commenting--

3. zoneson85

zoneson85
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your advice.

I want to say that using Wordpress is the best choice if you want to do SEO. It's advanced and can be customized even smallest detail.

4. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most importantly you need to produce relevant and interesting content in order for people to want to read it and follow it, as well as for you to start generating traffic from search engines to your site.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All you need is good and original written content.
    This way, you can attract loyal readers/visitors on your page.

6. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be sure to write about something you enjoy, it makes it much easier. Have you any thoughts on the subject?

Are you planning on using Wordpress?

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheNova

TheNova
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Firstly, before you even begin producing content, you will need to get familiar with the software you are going to be using. If you plan to use WordPress, then I would say this is a great choice, but you will still need to learn the basics of creating posts, adding images and even adding simple modifications such as the Advanced Excerpt.

But yes, once you have the software and are familiar with it, creating some great original content will always attract loyal readers. You could possibly even look at Fergal's other forum which is dedicated to promoting forums or blogs: www.forumpromotion.net.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nill Smith

Nill Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, of-course you can go for blog submission to create new blog and also share details about your website. You can also try another SEO methods like social bookmarking, article submission, blog commenting and other. I would like to suggest you to be relevant.

9. DaveCain

DaveCain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My advice would be to use wordpress, write original and unique blog posts and promote to related communities.

10. Sandy

Sandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for you guys and I will accept your great suggestions!

11. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not sure how much emphasis I would put on getting familiar, I was very new to it a couple of months but have managed fine, there are great resources for sorting little issues like the forum and support, but to be honest I tend to get a quicker response if I post on here or DP.

Wordpress is brilliant, simply as. You can do so many more things with it now, that it is much more than a blogging CMS. The range of plug ins is unbeatable.

In terms of the blogging itself, previous replies have mentioned it already - it's all about unique content posted on a regular basis. I used to own a forum and to be honest, just didn't have to time to contasntly focus on ensuring good activity and moderation is taking place, but I do find I have time to write a 500 word article maybe ever other day for the 3 blogs I have.

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can say that any blogging platform will be good. I mean, I have seen many posts on other forums that using Wordpress will get indexed faster or SEO getting better blah blah blah... It's not the blogging platform that tells Google or search engines about your site, it's how you post and promote your site.

13. carolinehill

carolinehill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As per My Knowledge you can promote your website in Social Networking Sites to attract people. Make your website’s content niche and interesting. You can also do Social Bookmarking Submissions, directory Submissions to increase visitors on your websites.

14. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Internal factor:
    1. original written content + monitor bounce rate + keyword destiny. When bounce rate is low, it show your content more relevant to reader, it result you blog rank better.
    2. Be consistent on blog update, at least 1 weeks 1 posting, else you will loss return readership.

External factor:
    1. Submit your blog to RSS directories, these directories help broadcast your articles.
    2. Ping O matic, get your blog index faster.

15. Sam Greene

Sam Greene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Write something relevant to your business or market. If you have a travel website, how about writing on topics such us "how to take great landscape shots in Rio" or "best photography friendly places in North America" - topics that are not too boring - if you know what I mean :)

16. ladydeluxehotel

ladydeluxehotel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

then create a blog. I swear it is fun and you can show anything to your blog. You can use Blogger or Wordpress for beginners.

17. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What kind of blog will this be?

18. Abigale

Abigale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A good hosting program is a prerequisite for blog success, unless, of course, you blog on Blogger.com or WordPress.com, which give you free hosting for your blog. Hosting is where your blog resides to be viewed by the internet community. A host is someone that will allow you to use their web space for your blog. Number one, find a good host. Not all hosting companies are created equal. What you want in a host is one that is very user friendly, depending on your level of knowledge and how much time you want to spend creating and updating your blog.

19. Sandy

Sandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks! But i am afraid you are wrong. I just want to do the promotion on my blog. So the first thing I have to do is to increase traffic. Hope you can understand!

20. kapilmark

kapilmark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blog submission is a best way for generate a traffic and website indexing. You must do social bookmarking, classified ads submission, Forum submission, video submission etc