I want to be a fund manager

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Trader Gregg, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Trader Gregg

Trader Gregg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want my desire to be heard by the universe and grant me my life's desire:

I have been studying the stock market for 22 years now and I want to be a hedge fund or other fund manager. I have learned the secrets to forecast stock prices with a good degree of precision (nobody's perfect). I could be the next Peter Lynch if someone would give me a chance and make a name for myself....

Trader Gregg

#1 Trader Gregg, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2010
  2. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Trader Gregg, welcome to the Business Advice Forum. :) Have you earned any formal qualifications in that time that would allow you to apply for a fund manager job?

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing your goal with us Trader Gregg, what steps are you taking to achieve that goal?

4. WebWizard

WebWizard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hihi gregg :)

welcome to the boards friend. Ask for advice alot of experience & helpful people here!
    Cheers~

5. Trader Gregg

Trader Gregg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, my qualifications include:
    --22 years studying how to profit in stocks. I estimate to have read around 35,000 pages about stocks, bonds, stock options, valuation, financials, etc. I have learned the strategies I need to be very successful. Now I just need money from accredited investors.
    --I have worked as a Day Trader, Swing Trading Coach, and in the financial services industry
    --Series 7, 63, 55 (now expired)
    --I'm up about 40% this year in my own 401k (buying Priceline.com / PCLN at $200/share certainly helped)
    --I also have my own website: www.tradergstocks.blogspot.com

Gregg

I've learned how to profit from stocks in a very advanced way. Now I just need an investor to discuss it with me with an open mind. It seems that investors are so inundated with people who want them to invest that they get pretty close-minded......

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Gregg it sounds like you have great experience and a strong knowledge of stock investment. Why do you feel that you need an investor? If you are already making money from trading, can you not simply keep doing that and build your investment portfolio over time?

7. stickers'fan

stickers'fan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I used to be a trader in london for a large hedge fund ($3Bn). It is an industry where you need to meet people. Go in the city (London), wait for the traders to go out after job hours in the pub and meet them. BTW, it is almpost impossible to enter this industry in normal time but at the moment I would say it is almost impossible for someone like you.
    Best of luck.

8. navast2010

navast2010
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In university I want to be a prodessional translater, but after one year , i want to be a seo, and make enough money, it is so simple, so i must try my best.

9. pacifich

pacifich
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that for such job you need to have some skills.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Why do you want to do both? Would you not prefer to become really successful at one of them?