I need your help about mindset

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Tecknowoman, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really need your help....
    I have been doing a lot of thinking about mindset recently and was wondering if you'd be able to answer some questions for me please? I'd really appreciate it because I am struggling with my own at present.

I am most interested in relation to your ability to go and create the success you want or wanting to but feeling blocked, fearful, paralysed or other to start....

1. Have you had been waging a mindset battle with yourself about achieving success in any area?

2. Has their been major action you've wanted to take but just not been able to make yourself do?

3. What has been the biggest block to you taking action / reaching for your real goals?

4. If you could change one thing to do with your mindset, what would it be?

5. If you have had a big success breakthrough what was the big mindset shift or action that triggered it?

Thanks so much in advance guys - I can't wait to read your responses - they'll really help!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Interesting questions Tecknowoman, I'll post my answers below;

1. I feel that I have a constant battle, always trying to be better, more productive and more focused on achieving my goals.

2. Yes, in the best. Nowadays I write down a list of all the small actions required to complete the task. Then I put them in the order that I wish to complete them and start working on them one by one. Seeing a major task as a series of smaller tasks works very well, it gets you started and prevents you from feeling overwhelmed by a major project.

3. For me it has probably been distraction and not being focused enough on doing what needs to be done to achieve the goal. As time goes on, I'm getting better at spending my time doing stuff that brings me closer to my goals and avoiding the distractions that don't yield positive results.

4. It would be commitment and focus. In other words I would become fully committed on a single idea or project and focus on it to the exclusion of all else.

5. Breaking big projects down into a series of much smaller tasks, as I outlined in No. 2.