I need your advice, please.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by julius123, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julius123

julius123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone, I am Julius Abidoyeh. I am a Police officer in my country, I have served for about 16 years in the system, and now I want to quit the job in other to plan a business idea for myself with my retirement money.
    I love online investment so much, and immediately after I get my retirement money I would like to invest some in online investment. Now I need your advice on this step I want to take, and if the step is ok, what online investment do you recommend for me. I have interest in online e-commerce and online shop, but I would like to get people's opinions before I take any step. Thanks to you all.

#1 julius123, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
  2. Mark Robinson

Mark Robinson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think, online e-commerce is a good choice to invest. You can work on it from your home easily.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Leng

Michael Leng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keep your money in your bank if you do not have any skill in what your are going to do. Or otherwise, you might have lost them into the sea.

Why should you try to have some blogs (Free Blog) and post what you are good at and embed links from affiliate site, Adsense and more.

Once you had enough experience, knowledge and skill, then you can fly without any troublesome.

What do you think?

4. runbch

runbch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Without experience ecommerce is very risky and you would probably be better off looking into something more traditional. Start small and work your way up. It doesn't cost much to host your own website and there are plenty of free internet marketing resources out there.

5. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Getting right into online investments right away is too risky for you. You would need enough time to study the industry first before you get into it.
    On the other hand, I think real estate investments is a better idea for your retirement money than online business.

Regards,
    Mark

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I took the liberty of correcting some grammar errors in your post. As far as your question, I would recommend you not invest more money than you can afford to lose. Also, whatever opportunity you decide to invest in, research it thoroughly before investing. if you are looking into e-commerce, try looking into becoming an affiliate of an reputable, existing company, rather than one of the MLM marketing schemes.

7. TCI

TCI
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think you should quit your job to start an online business. What is stopping you now? You can start slowly, learn a bit and see how it will go. If you like it and make enough money, then you can consider quiting your job.

8. julius123

julius123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you all for your response, I think I have learned a lot from all of you.
    TCI, thank you for your wonderful advise. I love you.

9. TheGrandAdmiral

TheGrandAdmiral
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are serious about this, I would test the waters and do research now. i am sure that you have some time on break or after work that can be utilized to do your research or start getting your feet wet now. Make some connections as soon as you can since you might be able to use them later on.

10. LeroySimpson

LeroySimpson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,
    Quitting a job for the purpose of starting a new business is not a good idea, you are thinking of establishing a new business it sounds good but for that quitting a job earlier is quite risky.
    Business is having two faces that means it can give you a successful outcome and can not be, for that you have to wait for few days after starting your Biz.

#10 LeroySimpson, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  11. SteveWilliams

SteveWilliams
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Plan it thoroughly before doing it so. Starting a business is a good idea, but you have to learn first before you venture in your chosen industry. Research more!

12. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do agree with joeroxx, but in case you still find your self joining any MLM Business, then you must be sure that the MLM Company that you are going to join is reliable and has shown reputation and results already.

13. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Online ecommerce is one of the best thing in online business, but you need to be very cautious with your products and should not invest in a hurry for everything. It will be also a better idea to invest in something easy to manage instead of selling each and every available thing. If you can get into a niche it will be even better.

14. James Martin

James Martin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with him. If you make a online store and sell some products then you can earn money.

15. 50kProxies

50kProxies
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It could be very risky. If you are newbie in marketing or online business, you may need some pro advice that could cost. Every situation is unique, just try to do what you feel you can :)

16. BizzCreations

BizzCreations
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As stated before, make sure the market that you are going into will be willing to buy your products and services before completely quitting the workforce. However you could also run the online business on the side if you are interested in testing the waters before completely jumping in.

#16 BizzCreations, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  17. jaynorth

jaynorth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it is true that with little knowledge of e commerce business, you won't be able to prosper much. Rather you should start off with the business you have a passion for. Also read out business schemes of SBA for retired police officers or veterans.

18. MikePeterson

MikePeterson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It sounds good that you are deciding to invest in e-commerce. It is the best way or a path through which you can earn a good money and can establish your online business as well.
    The important tactic here is the strategy for establishing your online marketing or business.

19. Tandy

Tandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Joeroxx

I agree you should start slowly, minimum cost, maybe you like the idea of affiliate marketing - selling other peoples products, then you won't need a product, or need to worry about delivery etc. Take a look at my website for some articles explaining how you start on the internet. I even have a Free report available at the moment that might interest you or anyone thinking of starting online. And also a book review page for some suggested reading. Learn as a hobby business and grow when you have more time. Internet Marketing is fascinating, I love it, but loads to learn.

Best Wishes

20. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.