I need suggestions on a Topic for my blog or website

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by RestOwner, Jun 2, 2010.

1. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I plan to distribute products, and I want to create a blog or website about the products. But, I'm stuck as to what I should base it on. Like, should I include information about them, should I talk about what they're for, who they're for ... etc.

How should I start? I know about the products, who buys them, who has used them and such.

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

May we know what products are you trying to sell?
    What are your target market?

Of course, you need to give your future customers ample information for your products.
    You cannot make a sale if you don't include any info about your products.
    Is using ebay haven't crossed your mind?

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

As mentioned by GekiDan, please give us a little info on the products involved, this will allow us to give you more helpful and specific suggestions.

You may find the Blog Post Ideas section in our Useful Online Business Resources thread helpful.

4. zackjeffries

zackjeffries
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, it is necessary to give a bit of information (Who and What are they for) to your site visitors. Some of them may be looking for your products but there will be some who are just looking around.

You can also include some of the problems that your product can solve. Then, relate to these problems and give your solution(which is your product). Doing this will increase your chance of attracting more customers.

5. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the products are natural based consumption products.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Are they healthy eating products? Please tell us a little more.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Please explain more regarding your products. We could help a little more.

8. KeithM.

KeithM.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi RestOwner,

The very basic foundation in marketing a product is that you must know WHAT and WHO and WHERE your products are intended for. This is very vital to know where your products is currently standing in the midst of market competition. But the very important idea to mention there is at least you must be able to state your very deep reason(s)-directly or indirectly, why your products can help a lot your possible customers and what is the benefit of choosing your products instead of your competitors' products.

9. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, there healthy wise. For example, one of them is aimed at women. It helps with menopause, PMS.. anything you can think of that women go through in life. Another is for stress, lack of energy, insomnia... etc. Others are offer protein, amino acids, vitamins... etc.

10. moober76

moober76
    uix_expand uix_collapse

write articles and make sure that your articles are not bias. and since you say that you know your product and who your targets are then it will not be so hard for you to market it. once you've set up your blog, you can try submitting your articles to Ezinearticles to create more traffic and sales at the same time.

#10 moober76, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Write articles about cures or ways of dealing with those health issues. For example, if you write a blog post about how to deal with stress, it will be found and read with people looking for a solution and hence are in the target market for your products. You could go with top ten tips - e.g. Top ten ways to reduce stress, top ten ways to avoid stress or top ten ways to eliminate stress from your life.

Does that help?

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there RestOwner!
    So you already decided to open up a health blog? But first, you should ask yourself the following questions before starting:

• Do you have a good knowledge or knowledgeable enough on that subject matter?
    • Will you be buying or rewriting articles for your blog?
    • Are a female or knows a female that can help you in your research for these problems based on real life experiences?
    • What is the sole purpose of your blog? For revenue or sharing of good content?

In your articles, I do suggests you to write some of the causes of these problems and ways to cure it. If there's no immeduiate cure, how can we prevent these.

Hope my reply helped you.

13. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes! much help Fergal, thanks! I will go with your advice. :D

It's not necessarily just a "health" blog, but rather about healthy products that help deal with some of the symptoms I've talked about above. I want to stick to the products I have in mind because I want to sell them as well. I have family using some of them right now, and other known people too. I didn't know what to start with but Fergal's advice appeals more to what I want to do and include in my blog. Thanks for your help though GekiDan.

Thanks to everyone else for their input too.

14. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

there are too many health niche these days. i even have my own.

i suggest you create a niche particularly to that product and the effects particularly. lets say prevent early menopausal or something...

15. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would just like to ask if you are planning to make a blog to sell these products?
    Are these products your own? Or they are known products from a certain or different companies?

16. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

probably a product from clickbank or wherelse.. doesn't matter as long as you can sell it well. present a nice landing page explaining the products with nice domain that fits the product. sure you can sell it good.

17. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Heck I'd read it. I think I can fit in all of those categories for women! :laugh: Fergal's suggestion of Top Ten's is a good one. The main thing is to provide them with interesting web content first and push the product second. Take a three pronged approach: offer helpful advice, incorporate the product in the blog post, and (whenever possible) link the piece to current news/trends as well.

Your product will hold more reader appeal that way than if you just plug it blatantly. Works for me anyway. :) Screaming "BUY IT!!!!! BUY IT NOW!!!" puts me right off products. Make the blog posts more like chatty magazine items than a straight sales pitch.

For example, on stress. And this is just off the top of my head with a two minute look for a relevant study so forgive the roughness of it:

(information on the study taken from a USAToday article)

Now isn't that better than saying

The former is a more subtle plug and interesting read, gives the reader a reason to want it and does a better job than a plain product description would that they could read at any stockist's website. That's my two cents worth. And if you can use that very rough draft RestOwner, you can take it and tweak it with my compliments. :D

#17 Kay, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  18. KeithM.

KeithM.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I definitely agree with all the advice here. Just remember that people doesn't like the idea of being sold. Just focus on how your product can help your target customers and off it will go. Although at first I was thinking you're into building a store or a drugstore because you would want to distribute a product. For me, distributing a product (or being distributor) is quite different for it focuses largely on sustaining the supply in the market, but still it's the same, you will have to penetrate first the market by creating demands and win the competition.

19. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With your products you should include date created (or bought), description, price, used or not, warranties, type of payment, when shipped, etc.

20. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

nice! ....you seem to be an expert in this Kay. :eek:
    thanks for your input. :D