I need Suggestions and Advice

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by youngkia1, Jun 27, 2015.

1. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Our team has 4 websites as of now. 1 of the websites rank well while the other 3 are not. We are planning to merge all the 3 websites with the 1 website ranking well. Is it a good idea? Does the 3 websites may give a bad effect on the 1 website we have?

Do you have any suggestions when it comes to merging 4 websites? Hope to get a feedback. Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Do all 4 websites have similar information on the same topic? It's possible that the website ranking well was created first, and if the others are presenting similar information, they are not ranking because the first one already did. Be careful if you decide to merge them. Keep in mind that Google doesn't rank websites, they rank web pages. So, if the information on the pages of other 3 websites is merged with the information on the pages of the ranking website, the original version of the site that ranked doesn't exist anymore. You could be harming the ranking of the first website's pages, although it may be temporary. On the other hand, because Google ranks pages, not sites, simply adding the pages from the other 3 websites to the website that is ranking will not help.
    You need to find out why the pages on the other 3 sites are not ranking, and fix whatever is wrong. Owning 4 websites has no effect on the rankings of each site. If, however, the other 3 websites were created to link to the first, that would have a detrimental effect on the ranings of the first, and the other 3 will not rank.
    Without being able to see all four sites, we cannot really give any specific advice.

3. P.Skinner

P.Skinner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As mentioned by Joe this *may* be a good strategy if all of the websites are 1) on the same subject,, and 2) contain quality content. Even so you are effectively putting all your bets on one pony at that point.

You might want to consider strategically linking your best performer to a lower performer to give it a boost. But leaving it separate and carving out a separate but related niche. For example if you have a good performing site is on exercise, you might link it to one bout healthy diet or good habit development as people who like one might also embrace the other.

Google is getting better and better at working out if websites are really helping people, so I think it ways to focus on that rather than SEO "tricks".

4. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Joeroxx, yes they have the same topic. These are law related websites and we are also planning for other websites too. I will take note of all things you've mentioned. If you have more positive ideas and concept please share it as well :) Really appreciate it. Thanks.

5. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I get it. Thanks P.Skinner. We are now on the process and we are truly expecting a positive result. I will update you guys about this. This is also a trial and error for us. We want to see where we can go far from this. Either a success or not. :) Thanks guys.