I need suggestion for my website

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by William King, Feb 15, 2011.

1. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey guys most of you I guess know that I am working on http://www.wholesalepages.co.uk

This site is extremely SEO friendly but I guess less user friendly. I need some advice to make it more user friendly make user to stay for sometime on it

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Well done William King, your website looks very professional. Have you given some serious thought to the profile of your target visitors and to the specific benefits they are seeking from a site like yours?

3. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your site is very professional and I like that. The logo gives the site some color and the navigation bar goes a long with it quite well. Very nice job with your colors. I don't have much to say other than that.

4. experttalk

experttalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hii William i have seen ur websites and i have no words for this just because i was searching some issue in Your website but didn't found anything

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Is there any way that post can help William or provide him with useful feedback on his site?

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, your site is really good and looks professionally made.
    I don't agree with you that it's "not" user friendly since I think it is. Even your blog is doing great.

May I know where's your "About Us" page? I can't seem to see it anywhere.

7. DaveScotford

DaveScotford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Looks like a great website, signing up as I'm posting this! :)

Maybe look at integrating a forum into the site to allow people to trade and allow for a bit of networking and collaborations? Always a good place to help build the SEO, offer members a relaxed community and another way to promote your own site :) The Wholesale Forums do this very well :)

8. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, guys this is not my site, this is my boss site actually :p, and it is a whole team work of developers and seo's. The domain was purchased in 2003 and the site was properly launched in 2006. From then I guess 12 seo's have worked on it and 3 are still working on it. We are doing our best to rank this site up among the competitors and get the traffic. Well, so far so good but not perfect. I have noticed that the reviews about the site are not good and so many people have called it a totally scam site, and this is really worrying me. Our main competitors are esources, wholesalesarong and tradekey. I want my site ahead as a team leader of wholesalepages. So I am expecting some real genuine professional advice.

Our another major portal is http://www.dailytrader.com also check it out and let me know hoe it is working...

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Both of your sites look quite similar in terms of design, so I suppose the same comments would apply to both of them. What is the main difference between the two sites? Is it that the trader one is international and the wholesale one is focused on the UK?

10. jonathan10387

jonathan10387
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your site is good but I have few doubts about it:
    1. http://www.wholesalepages.co.uk/# and http://www.wholesalepages.co.uk/ have same content and both are indexed. Also there is no use of canonical tag..so it will cause problem of duplicate pages.
    2. You don't have XML sitemap which I think is important for Google. Now a day you can also use ror sitemap.

I don't think there is any more issue with this site until the search feature is not causing any duplicacy issue. This is a good site.

11. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

WTF... even I don't know that... thanks jonathan, thank you very much... I guess I have noticed that issue during the link exchange with one site... the link behind the banner was something like http://www.wholesalepages.co.uk/jjjjjkkkkkkkk but it was not indexed in Google.

Right now we are about to launch community and with that hopefully we will make the sitemap

12. jonathan10387

jonathan10387
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are welcome buddy....Hope you will soon launch the community and invite us all there.;)

13. David Hawke

David Hawke
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One thing you can do that will make an impact on how long people stay on your website is by adding video. Possibly make a video giving people a virtual tour of your website or just telling them how to navigate it best.

The average website visitor spends 57 seconds on a website without video while they spend almost six minutes (average) on websites with video.

14. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

May I know where you got that info?

15. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all, great domain. There seems to be too much going on on the homepage though. It's really overwhelming for a first time visitor and could scare some of them away.

16. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you sure?

I haven't had a chance to look into it, but I'd have trouble believing this is accurate. The # symbol in a URL explicitly states to a search engine "don't index anything after this point", creating a trailing URL fragment (which means you can retain the data without the duplicate URL issues).

It's basically a stopping point, most commonly used for implementing tracking parameters on URLs without causing the duplicate content issues (and without having to rely on canonical tags to tidy up the mess) or for implementing onpage anchors (linking directly to a specific section of a page). It's also beneficial to differentiate between links (e.g. /index.html#logo and /index.html#NavBar), where analytics can be tailored to give more detailed information on the specific link clicked (otherwise, both links will be shown with the total click values, rather than individual data for each). Some CMSs actually force a trailing # onto all links, in order to stop AJAX causing unintended parameters to be appended to those links.