I need some advice

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by bradleyf, Feb 1, 2013.

1. bradleyf

bradleyf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone,

I am in a young start up and we are trying to create some processes. We are a tech company and really starting to grow and grow quickly. We are about to hire some regional sales reps and have run into a bit of a problem. We want to find the best and most effective way for our sales reps (our reps will be spread out over the nation/world) to send their business cards they collect. We want to import them into Salesforce.com and get all their contacts information in correctly. We don't want to put too much administrative work on our sales reps and let them focus on sales, right? What have you experienced? How is the best way to get all that information? Pictures? Snail-mail? We also are sensitive to the fact that sales reps are protective of each contact but that contact is a potential sale for the company and we want to track it. Anywho, let me know what you think.

2. PS9

PS9
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm guessing they will have some sort of Android or iOS device on them, so search for "business card scanner" in either app store. You just take a picture of the card on a table, it then does the character recondition on some apps, and you can import the text into salesforce. There might even be one that can do the salesforce part for you, I don't know.

If you want a bit "more professional"? way I'd get a business card scanner (same search into Google will bring a bunch up) for any reps taking in cards. Prices range from $25 to $200 or so and rather than taking the photo, you just slide the card through the scanner. I'm pretty sure most require a laptop though. So I guess it really depends what your sales people use as their main device.

They could also re-type the information into salesforce, that's ultimately the simplest way. Then you either mail the cards to a central location or just have them trash/shred it since you have the data.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bharat Book

Bharat Book
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good advice, ill also think about it to work with this idea in my organization.

4. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would also suggest the Business Card scanner app first. It would simplify the process and make it easier for you to get the data. Or else If it is just the business card you want a copy of then why not click a picture of it and have them send back to you.
    Better way upload the data to cloud storage for backup as well for both reps and you to access it form anywhere.

• Like Like x 1