I need ideas/sources to market a new extension to my business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by fstep, Mar 14, 2013.

1. fstep

fstep
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A quick description of what i'll be doing:
    I'm offering customers a choice of 1 out of 6 websites. All the websites provide an automated subscription service so people who have no business experience or specialized knowledge can operate them with ease. All websites have shown profit in the past and will come with training services (technical and operational) by original developers and marketing team and marketing services provided by the parent company. Basically the goal is to help the person bypass all the tough stages of initial business development and get the customer to the point where they can focus on gaining customers.

I'm using all traditional marketing channels for this already but would like some ideas on 3rd party platforms I can use to sell these. Some examples i've used so far are ebay and flippa. Trying to get on groupon. So basically need some similar options where I can list the sites for a reasonably low initial fee + % of final sale.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That sounds like an attractive proposition fstep. There are lots of people who would be very interested in purchasing a potentially profitable business together with the training required to run it successfully. You would be welcome to promote it in our free advertising sections here on Business Advice Forum and I believe that it is something that our members would love to hear more about.

Another option for your sales and marketing could be for you to promote your offer through affiliate networks such as Commission Junction. Is that something you think might work for you?

3. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It would be easier to offer you advice if you were more specific about what type of product you are selling. My sense is that you are selling people a website that serves as a turnkey online business?

These websites sell subscriptions. But, what are the businesses selling subscriptions of?

You say that you are using all traditional marketing channels already, but what do you mean specifically by "traditional"?

4. fstep

fstep
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I considered it, and I have used it before, but it's simply too expensive for this project. Are there any similar alternatives that don't require such a large initial investment?

5. fstep

fstep
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There's more to it than a turnkey website. They are all fully operational, many come with members, and all have made significant profit in the past. For example there's a dating website that sells subscription services on it, there's an auction website that sells subscriptions that allow the person to sell items on it, etc. Here's a link to it if that helps, sorry if this is against the rules please let me know and i'll remove it right away - http://startupmanufacturer.com
    By traditional I mean adwords, banner exchange, email, social, flyer distribution, etc (working on SEO right now)...

6. Bobby

Bobby
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

There are display networks such as Pulse360 or Advertising.com, if done right you can target your ideal potential customer.

I think the answer will come from the demographics you are targeting which appears to be "Complete Newbies", I would think about where they hang out, and try to showcase the business there. Forums we're mentioned already and I think that is a good option.

Gl
    Bobby

• Like Like x 1