I need help :) - to improve my site's PR.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by firstchoicecar, Oct 12, 2010.

1. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello mates, i just want to get more feedback with regards to this. Here's is my problem. I have this website, check my signature that is my website. If you will going to check my PR it is only PR1 but if you will going to search my keyword on google it was on first page. What do you think guys is the problem why it still PR1 where in it was already on page 1 og search engine? Do you have an idea how to increase my PR1 to a higher PR? I did all other tactics such are link building with directories, listing, etc. what do you think guys are the thing that i never get into for me to be able to increase my PR1 to higher PR?any suggestion and tips are highly appreciated. Thanks so much.

2. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For 99% of the users here on BAF (anyone outside of your country) the search results will be significantly different and safe to say your site will be a few pages deep in the results. Localization and personilization of search results make a dramatic impact from user to user (or country to country).

If anyone ever wishes to investigate results removing the localization issues, there's a great tool, "google global", available from the guys at www.redflymarketing.com. (Also worth checking out the blog there, Dave and the team do a superb job on all things SEM)

Nothing. There is no problem.

PageRank is a crude measure given to evaluate the links to a site. Many pages rank in the first page of google (or even in first position) with a PR0 or PR1. Linking is a significant factor, but it's only one factor.

(It's also possible that the toolbar PR [the PR you see] is significantly out of date and your actual PR [the one the SE's use] is significantly higher than the PR1 shown... but even if that is the case, it's more than possible for a PR1 site to rank first in google depending on the vertical they operate in and the competition they face)

To increase your PR, just get more quality links.

Many directories and listings are next to useless. You'd gain far more from a single high quality link than with dozens (or possibly hundreds) of crappy ones. In fact, having a link profile that contains too many 'questionable' links can eventually harm your site.

View it from the search engines point of view. Would you consider a backlink from a forum (which you can do yourself) to be the same value as a backlink contained in the editorial section of a story on the New York Times website?

No two links are the same. Focus on getting links from high traffic, high quality, trusted and relevant sites. There are various threads here on BAF about increasing PR, it's worth having a read through them as some great advice has been given in the past. If you've any specific questions that those threads don't answer, let us know.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Similar to what Paul said, I wouldn't be overly concerned about your site's PR. What's important is the amount of quality visitors you are getting to your site. Have you been tacking your visitor stats?

What's your keyword?

Link building will be important for improving your search engine listings and rankings. This thread will give you some helpful tips for that - Can someone share some link building tips?

4. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very well said. Thanks for all those information. i will keep track of this to follow as my reference. Little by little hope there will be changes on it. Thanks.

i never track my visitor, as i've said on the other thread I'm new to this field and all i know is just a basic. How can i be able to track them? My keywords are Kia and Utah Kia. Thanks for the reply guys. appreciate it. But more suggestions and tips are much appreciated. Thanks. :)

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Paul's explanation is correct and straight to the point.
    Well, since I'm a different country as you are, the results are different. Using the keywords you told us, the one in the top results of Google is youngkia's site. And I can't see your site on the first page.

Regarding your PR, Google haven't really made a major Page Rank update since April of this year so that could be the reason. Besides, I don't think the search results depended on the site's Page Rank.

And regarding your visitors, you can use Google Analytics (as Fergal suggested) to track them down. If you want, you could also try Histats, a statistics site which I frequently use.

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SERP and Page rank is different.
    there are many factor that affecting SERP such as domain name, description, h1h2 tag etc, but page rank is only depends on the backlink. Also, not all the backlink will provide PR juice to your site, only dofollow backlink will provide PR juice to your site which mean that to increase your PR, you need dofollow backlink.

8. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal. it was already set up by now. I will just going to monitor it. Thanks.

It's my friends site who also a member here "youngkia1". It's my mistake. what i am pertaining to is the map. If you will going to type utah kia it will shown on from page of the map. I don't know if that's the right thing to check for places. But that's how i do it. As what i've said on my previous thread I am all new to this fields that is why my knowledge from SEO is minimal. Lucky that i learn something here aside from what i've know. and hopefully i will get more feedback.

I see, but what are those dofollow backlink?How do i go about it? How will i know if they are the dofollow backlinks? Do they have criteria for these? Hope to get a feedback. Thanks in advance.

9. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is slightly pedantic, but just to avoid any possible confusion...

It's "PageRank" not 'page rank'. The term PageRank (commonly called PR) is a crude measure given to an algorithmic analysis of links to a page. The name refers to the creator of the original algorithm, Larry Page, and doesn't refer to "the ranking of a page" as many believe.

Do take care when discussing PageRank (PR) and the ranking of a page (SERP) to use the correct terms and to understand the difference between them.

Ranking well on google places (the 7 pack on the map) is a great way of driving traffic (assuming that the term "utah kia" actually gets some searches).

There is great information out there on "local SEO" (the priorities on ranking for 'local' searches - so ensuring your site is optimised with the relevant local addresses, contact numbers, etc.), so be sure to spend a little time reviewing this if this is forming a significant part of your marketing strategy. If you've any specific queries after reading through some of the information out there, don't be afraid to ask about it.

When a site links to another site, it's viewed as a vote of confidence in the site being linked to and passes 'link juice' (a boost in PR) to that site.

When a site contains a lot of UGC (user generated content - so blog comments for example) or references a site they specifically don't wish to vouch for, they use the 'nofollow' tag to avoid passing pagerank and to mitigate spam where they don't have control of where OBLs (outbound links) are pointed.

If you search around the net you'll find various lists of "dofollow blogs" or "dofollow forums". Otherwise, you can use the source code to see if links are tagged as nofollow or you can use various tools that flag nofollow links for you at a glance (seo for firefox, or various other tools).

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just to add up, to make things easier for you, you can install the FireFox add-on called NoFollow. When enabled, the browser will highlight all links on the page. You can see two colors: blue and red.

Blue represents DoFollow links while Red represents NoFollow links.
    Here's the add-on in action:

[​IMG]

11. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I had a preliminary SEO analysis done on your site and youngkia.com. Out of a possible score of 100, your site got a 46, yopungkia got a 69. Some of the problems with the sites are Duplicate Meta Titles, Duplicate Meta Description, Duplicate Content, Links To and/or From a Bad Neighborhood, and problems with external outgoing and external incoming links. Both of the sites had similar problems, youngkia had less of them.
    I also noticed that of the 26 phrases where you rank in the top twenty on Google, 16 of them contained the phrase, "first choice". Of course, this is part of your site's name, so you could probably be ranked pretty high (although not in the top 5) for most of those without doing anything. Seven of the sixteen are in the top ten.
    I have seen some sites on the map under certain phrases that are not highly ranked for those same phrases, so being on the map does not necessarily mean your page is going to be ranked highly in the organic rankings.
    As GekiDan pointed out, the Page Rank may not have much bearing on "the ranking of the page", the phrase Paul used to describe how high your site is listed for a particular keyword phrase. The "ranking of the page" is what actually brings you visitors.

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

May I just ask how did you do that? Have you used any automated online application to check that out?
    Or you do it manually?

13. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dofollow and nofollow is created by google, majority is create for the PR system
    To check on the dofollow or nofollow, you can view the source code, "rel=nofollow" mean that they are nofollow, dofollow without "rel=nofollow"

Other than that, you can just install those the plug-in or add-on such as searchstatus on your browser, this kind of seo tools can help to identify the nofollow or dofollow easily

14. mamayka

mamayka
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A very large number of sites, monitor such as liveinternet

A promotion is the best - on search queries:cool:

#14 mamayka, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2010
  15. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I actually use an online application called SEOENG. All of the companies reps use this to check out a prospects site so we can see where the prospect is having difficulties that are keeping their site from being ranked. Of course, after a prospect becomes a client, our techs use their own software to analyze the entire site.

16. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I tried using that site. Let's see how they rate the SEO of my blog. :)

17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

18. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I set it up already, so what would be the next?

I see, so is that mean that me and my friend or others friends are doing the wrong thing with regards to seo? If that so Fergal also check BAF using seoeng.com and he got negative results, how come BAF is is good place in google as well with PR. I was just confused with this. Does seoeng.com really gives an accurate and good results? or just giving us a trick? I was totally confused now. :confused:

19. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

firstchoicecar as PaulPinnacle said in the other thread, don't worry too much about how you rank on sites like that. Focus on how you rank in the search engines and the quality of visitors you are getting to your site.

Now that you've installed the no-follow plug-in, you can identify the no-follow links with the Firefox browser by going to the Tools menu and clicking "NoDoFollow" from the list of options.

20. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Right click on the window and click "NoFollow" from the list of choices in he menu.

[​IMG]