I need help! Really need it!!

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by livayahurd, Jul 5, 2009.

1. livayahurd

livayahurd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone

Need really practical advice on making money over the net.

My Past experience:
    * Worked with an outsourcing Company (started layoff during financial crisis)
    * Worked with an HR company (Had to stop working when my college started, both in different cities)
    * Did work as a publisher with widecircles.com (did while in college, earned $150 - 200 a month, now they have very less work) This one required no investment.
    *Did some affiliate marketing with click bank and some others like SFIMG.com - Just to find that i am on of those millions to advertise on those products

Present situation:

* No credit cards or single penny to invest than my internet connection
    * Undergoing my bachelors degree in electronics
    *Want to make at least $200 a month
    *Cant do article marketing - my English grammar is really bad.

Would appreciate if anyone with some good experience can help me find a solution.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum livayahurd and thanks for posting your question. It might help you to first look at some similar threads that have discussed making money online;

Any Online Business with zero investment?
    How to make money online?
    What type of Online Business do you want to start on Internet?
    How to become a sucessful affiliate marketer ?

Can you please tell us a little more about the types of services you can provide? You could consider offering your services in our Member Ads section (please read the rules before posting) and at the various forums and freelance sites listed in our Useful Online Business Resources.

Have you considered setting up a blog in your own area of electronics study? The blogging links in our Useful Online Business Resources will be very helpful to you if you do. You might even consider starting a forum or niche directory related to your area of study.

Please keep us updated on your thoughts and on your progress and we will do our best to help you.

Thread moved to Online Business forum.

3. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd also suggest that you start off by visiting the various freelance sites mentioned by Fergal. There are still a lot of freelance sites not mentioned there but that list should give you a starting point. Anyway, if you're taking you BS in Electronics then you should also be knowledgeable about computers and the Internet in general. Some of your skills that you've acquired over the years while in college might come in handy.

After you visit those sites, please let us know how it turns out.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Nazreen please let me know of any sites that you feel should be added to the list.

5. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi livayahurd, I think it is perfectly possible to earn money online even if you don't have any money to invest. However, when you have no money you'll need to "invest" more of your time. So I'd like to know how much time can you spend on working online.

6. bojomojo

bojomojo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,
    I am undergoing my electronics bachelor degree too :) and managed to start a couple of very small businesses online.

You said what you are not good at, but what are you good at? because if you want something to stay you will have to do something you are good at, so that it doesnt vanish like the previous jobs you had.

I will be more than happy to direct you to the ways that would be best for you, just let us know what you are good at.

7. livayahurd

livayahurd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All of you thanks a lot.

I was more into administration, marketing and designing.

I am a fast learner, i am good with electronic circuit designs for consumer electronics. Where i have already designed few and got patented for 2.

I even did outsourcing of my own and outsourced a few projects to India, Philippines and Pakistan. Worked with Dishnetwork, Some Bank card companies, VOIP lines customer support. All these places i worked as outsourcing broker.

I am really good in setting B2B deals. - export import, - outsourced projects - setting up a company - Technology support. I can do all these. I offered some but I was rejected from getting very good projects and very good deals because i was a student or i didn't have a website. Still got some. Now the situation on net is really pathetic because 92% of dealers i come across are frauds. Its too hard to verify them. They hesitate to provide a payment guarantee.

About my knowledge in computers, Nazreen, its really bad. I don't know anything more than a bit programming in C and assembly language for micro controllers.

I have few ideas but all require some investment. I mean to start making products with my friends but i require around $500 for initial setup fees and that is what i don't have.

Thats the current situation now.

8. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

livayahurd, this last post showed that your situation isn't really as bad as you initially painted it...:)

Here's my contribution to get you started either in affiliate marketing or with a website for your own projects:

1. Get free webhosting (without ads) at http://www.000webhost.com/.
    2. Get free open source website templates at http://www.oswd.org/designs/browse/sortby/date/page/1/ (Over 2000 templates for you to choose from)
    3. Get a free HTML editor at http://kompozer.net/. With this tool you can easily edit your webpages and/or build new ones.
    4. Get free HTML training at http://webdevelopersnotes.com/tutorials/html/
    5. Get a free autoresponder service at http://www.jv-marketers.com/ or at http://www.isoregister.com.

I suggest that you register your own domain name. At namecheap.com, using July's coupon "FIREWORKS" you can register a domain for as little as $8.81. I think if you and your friends get together you'll come up with $8.81...(no credit card needed, you can pay with Paypal).

But if you can't afford $8.81, you can start with a 000webhost sub domain.

That's it for now, more to come...shortly.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You got great suggestions from junglekid, for developing your own website.

Is it possible for you to get more work as an outsource broker or electronic circuit designer from some of your previous clients?

Can you please explain a little more as to what this work involves and how you were getting clients?

How would clients provide you with a payment guarantee?

If they are reluctant to provide a guarantee, would they provide a part payment up front? Confining yourself to only working for the ones that will provide a guarantee or payment up front might be a quick way of cutting out the 92% that are frauds.

10. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some extremely useful links Jungle kid..Thanks for that free web templates ..I was upgrading the website of my company ..so I was in need of some free source for it..like the one you have given...
    Cheers:D

11. livayahurd

livayahurd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    sorry for my late arrival. I got a temporary part time job in between. I left it now. It was almost like slavery. Along with that i lost my important certificates, so was after the government agencies to get its duplicate.

Fergal , these are the answers for your questions:

1. Yes its possible, but now its too difficult to get a genuine project. Some are genuine but they are not providing payment guarantee. I call them genuine because i have seen their work running and people getting paid. But since i am outsourcing it to another person i cant take that big possibility of not getting paid.

2.Almost all work that takes place in companies of economically strong countries do not actually happens there, it takes place in country where workforce and resources are cheap and abundant. One such example is china. Non core part of major activities of most business corporations are outsources. The theory "Do what you are best at and outsource the rest.". Example. Take Dishnetwork -> their sales in USA is done from outside USA using telemarketing. The customer care of most mobile companies are located in India and Philippines. The mobile companies give-out the work for an hourly payout for each calls like 22$/hr to 60$/Hr sometimes even higher to Call center outside. The legal formalities then follows. A bank guarantee will be given to the call center. It says that if the client fails to pay the call center the bank will pay.

3. They will to pay upfront , in that case i have to provide bank guarantee to them, i need to have at least the double amount with the bank for which amount i am providing guarantee. To bypass this step i need to link the center and the client directly. But centers are too cunning to outwit me and kick me out of the agreement and thereby removing my consultation fees. Those clients are really some king of people who think that they are unique and people will come for projects and so they are not willing to pay consultation fees for the broker.

Better leave that thing. A lot headache it caused - i made money but barely enjoyed it. Whatever i payed my college fees with it. In those days i was a walking call center - tons of phone calls came to me for projects, asking for payments, doubts. You can recommend me something else mate!!

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome back livayahurd and sorry to hear that you experienced those difficulties. What country do you live in?

Have you considered some of the suggestions for making money online, that were offered earlier in this thread?

It might help to change your perspective a little, maybe try to look at things a little more positively and optimistically. I know it can be difficult but you can if you think you can and it could really help your situation.

13. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi livayahurd,

Sorry to hear that you had lot of bad experiences. If you want to make money online and also fast, then you should try Affiliate Marketing. Affiliate Marketing is really good and you can make huge amount of money online. I have one e-book about how to make money from it and I will give it to you freely just PM me your mail ID, so that I can send it to you. If you want to learn Affiliate Marketing in details then I would suggest you to learn this articles fully - http://sahilkotak.com/free-vs-paid-affiliate-marketing/ and also http://sahilkotak.com/how-to-make-money-from-affiliate-marketing/ and also http://sahilkotak.com/find-best-paying-affiliates-programs/

Other thing I can suggest you for making fast money is write tutorials, I read that your grammar is poor but I think you should try to improve it as you can make huge money from it almost you can $150 per tutorial. If you want more details about it then read this article http://www.chotoan.com/top-5-blogs-to-get-paid-to-write-tutorials/

Thanks and hope those things help you. Do not forget to PM me your Mail ID.

14. livayahurd

livayahurd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes thank you all for your support.

I live in India.

Yes those i have done some before like in 2004-2006 and made little money with some campaigns introduces by SFI, clickbank and others. I came to outsourcing through this. Sure i will be interested to continue in Affiliate marketing.

But i faint when i hear those procedures of marketing. I am willing to learn. I never marketed directly. I used people to market for me because i had a better plan. :D

Here, at this place my classmates know nothing other than watching film and roaming. I spoke to them, initially they were interested then gave it when they heard the new film release date.

Well i decided one thing. Whether profitable or not - I am going to start a tutorial website on electronics hobby projects and lessons. I take classes for my seniors and juniors here. With some Google add sense embedded in it along with relating link to books in amazons and to sites which sell kits.

I have loads of simple notes for beginners

15. Eliza

Eliza
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Excellent suggestions from everyone. And I'm going to throw in a couple that are a bit more general.

1. Figure out what really turns your crank. What are you passionate about?

Which leads to ....

2. You need a whole lot of time and patience. There are no get rich quick schemes. Hence the need for passion. That's what is going to carry you through the "holy crumpets, I am NEVER going to make money at this" moments.

16. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey, That's good idea. Best of luck for it and I am sure it will make nice profit.

I have sent you three ebooks on your given mail ID.

Thanks

17. livayahurd

livayahurd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can i get some more free hosting services with free subdoamins who permit using CMS with their hosting or have already installed in their system.

I founf a list but most of them are just offering and nothing works. The sql server shows a lot of errors

18. wussa

wussa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I am not wrong you can register a free .co.cc domain at www.co.cc and then use it at blogspot.com (CMS)
    That should solve your problem for a while.
    Or else you register at name.com (has a promo during fridays for $6 for new registration)
    Name.com is the best registrar in my opinion.
    Goodluck

19. livayahurd

livayahurd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hmm.. have heard but never tried.. let me try it..

Thanks Wussa
    :)

20. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since you mentioned in one of your posts that you are into designing - I am assuming that is graphic designs ? If yes, there is a huge market for graphic designers/freelances. Check for jobs on craigslist.org or various webmaster forums. You can also make a portfolio online first.