I need Help re FaceBook and Twitter Connections

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by youngkia1, Mar 31, 2011.

1. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to get more friends and followers on Facebook and Twitter,but the site won't allow me to do so for a certain rules. On Facebook there was a pop-up message saying that I can't be able to add more friends continuously,and last week my account was temporarily disable for adding friends and sending messages while on Twitter my account was suspended. How can I be able to avoid those rules while following and adding more friends? Is there any way or any tools to use to add more friends without being suspended or being banned? Any help please,Appreciate it Thanks..

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Did Twitter give you any indication as to why your account was suspended?

On FaceBook, you should probably only connect with people you actually know, whether that be online or offline, it will look suspicious if you send friend requests to people you don't know and get lots of rejections.

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Did you just randomly add different persons you don't know and send them unsolicited emails to promote your site?
    If yes, then most likely, it's better for you to use fan pages rather than facebook accounts.

4. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@Fergal I never receive any indication or notification,All I can see is just a red bar on the top of my profile saying that my account is suspended.

@GekiDan Thanks for your tip i will definitely follow that.

Is there any other way to add or follow more friends without being suspended,Do I have to use any software or what?

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

youngkia1 were you sending friend requests to people you didn't know on FaceBook?

Have a look at the relevant links in the Twitter & FaceBook section of our Featured Sales & Marketing + Online Promotion & SEO Threads. Once you've had a look at them, let us know if they help or if you have any further questions.

6. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This will going to help me a lot,thanks for the link I will check it now.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook don't like anyone to add people randomly that they don't know, as friends. Besides, why would you add them anyway?

8. Andy Beveridge

Andy Beveridge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both of these social media sites have rules about the number of adds you can do on a daily basis. Although FB are becoming more marketer friendly they will spot a sudden surge in adds. This will flag up a likely spammer in their eyes.

9. saniathomas

saniathomas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Make one Fan Page on Facebook then promote it. Add people of common interests. Join similar groups there you can find people with similar interests.

10. luis6268

luis6268
    uix_expand uix_collapse

On FaceBook, you should probably only connect with people you actually know, whether that be online or offline, it will look suspicious if you send friend requests to people you don't know and get lots of rejections.