I need help! Marketing and Advertising advice.

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Robert20, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Robert20

Robert20
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have started up a new business - and have started receiving people signing up from all over the country.

The problem is - I will need to find customers in the local areas of all the people signing up.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I could market my business so that the whole country could see it sorta thing? I only have a budget of around £2000 for marketing so it's probably gotta be really small scale.

I have social network sites set up but that doesn't really feel like it will be enough.

I also need people to find out about the site as soon as possible, please help!

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Could you be more specific, perhaps providing the URL of the site? Is it an affiliate site, or is this your own business? I also do not know the conversion rate from pounds to dollars, and knowing how much you have available in dollars would help to determine whether marketing the site yourself or hiring someone would be the best option.
    Also, any marketing plan would take time to see results, so I am wondering why you need to be in a rush. Wanting results too fast could cause you to do the wrong thing, or allow someone to lead you in the wrong direction.

3. sajjad.axe

sajjad.axe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i personally think that u should promote ur site on local popular sites , well thats just a tip of iceberg .

This site : Internet Business have different techniques and ways and many different products which might help u.

I too got a small help from this site but certainly not for the local advt. u may try it out for urself.

4. jakson0100

jakson0100
    uix_expand uix_collapse

try local papers, facebook advertising, free adverts on forums like this, hire affiliates etc

5. bsk0609

bsk0609
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Marketing is arguably the most difficult aspect of running a business online. As you know, the greatest opportunities often hide beneath the greatest dangers. Marketing need basically depend on the type of business you have and on competition. Marketing involves creating customer value by delivering customer satisfaction. Every effort and activity that is carried out to create the customer value starting from creating awareness of your product to the distribution of this product to the customer involves marketing.

6. spurs yeah

spurs yeah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try for an advertisement on the local news when a lot of people would be watching, but i wouldn't know how much that would cost.

7. Nill Smith

Nill Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to be more popular over on net faster to get maximum benefits of inbound traffic to your website. To get popular on net cant you stop your activities on social media limited. You should have to submit your website on various search engines as well as you should also have to submit your website in Google Place. Create blogs for your website and promote them in all social networking sites you can also discuss on forums relevant to your website. I would just like to say you that if you want to get targeted traffic to your website than you need to have passion to view your website on first page on various search engines and as well as serious Search engine optimization for your website.

8. CommsHub

CommsHub
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Robert,

I appreciate this is a while after your original post! However I would say that for that sort of money, and the audience you're trying to capture your best spend will most likely be in PR - the actual placement of this sort of activity would mostly be free, but you could use some of your budget to pay a professional PR manager to generate lots of leads for you both in the local and national area if you wanted to. I should add here that I'm not a PR professional, but a communications strategist - so I am hopefully able to look at this sort of request with some objectivity!
    It's difficult to say exactly what will work, as I' not sure what your business is, but please feel free to get in touch if I can be of any more help.

Best wishes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You might consider to spend partial of them on PPC advertising, affiliate program or buy space on those popular local forum.
    personally i strongly suggest buying space from large local forum in your niche, this is one of the best way to get local traffic. At the same time, you might consider PPC advertising and affiliate program too but you gotta really calculate your budget before you using both of them

10. Jamie241

Jamie241
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Robert20!!

My father has the same problem with his business, as his clients are based quite locally and it would be too expensive to have some sort of huge marketing campaign!! I registered a Facebook fan page and twitter page but as i am not from a marketing background so i was a bit clueless on what to do with it ie on how to 'add' fans and 'followers' etc! i recently came across a small business who have just actually started up as a social media management company and for quite a cheap price they offered to run the social media pages and do things like SEO? (not really sure about these terms) but my dads pages had 20 like within 1 hour of the company opening the business! they have a web page but as i said i think they are very new in starting up but i would recommend them and plan to use them for my up and comming photography business when i leave uni! just an idea. they are called social media monster, you can find them on facebook and twitter!!

hope this helps

james241

11. Bwendo

Bwendo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Getting started in a small local way online is good with google maps.
    Spend an afternoon (three hours) exploring google maps and have each page listed on maps for what it is .
    ie, have the red page listed on maps, have the blue page listed on maps.

12. akfisher

akfisher
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Nobody has mentioned email marketing (newsletters and offers) as a way to jumpstart a website. Start creating and sending a weekly email update to your list. Make it useful and they may even pass it on to friends and colleagues. Marketing automation is the next step, but might not be appropriate for you at this point.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need any further pointers.

Alex.

13. DaveCain

DaveCain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd advise that you target local terms. So lets say you sell blue widgets, terms may include blue widgets London, blue widgets Manchester and so on. I would advise that you create pages that talk about the benefits, features, USPs etc based around each city. You will also need to make sure that they are all uniquely written, user focused and around 450+ words long so you don't get affected by the Google Panda update. You may want to consider Google Adwords as well.

14. terry98stone

terry98stone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can try blogs of the same field of your aim .
    Pay the blogger for your ads!