I need a vendor to write our project's RFPs ..

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by soso, Mar 29, 2012.

1. soso

soso
    uix_expand uix_collapse

((( yeah as I said in the title .. How to write a well detailed formal letter to a vender asking it to write my RFPs))

Hello everyone,

hope everything is going well with all of you
    I'm writing to you to say hello, Also I need your input on a task im doing ..

I'm designing an RFP document addressed to vendors to do our project RFPs. So yeah it's an RFP to do an RFP ...LOL stay focused I need your brain :)
    It's like that .. you know that RFP is a request for providing proposal to do a service. I was cruising online and all I got is how to design an RFP template which is not what i'm looking for .
    What i'm trying to find out is how to write a scope of work for a company that I'm asking do the following :

1. write my RFPs.
    2. Evaluate proposals received from venders and select the winner that best meets our requirements.

here is the a quote of what I have written, which was returned to me with more details and elaboration been asked regarding the "scope of service" section.

----------
    Scope of Service

"The AIC is looking for a vendor to write the RFPs from A to Z with the objective named above. The RFPs should meet public standards and qualified publications. The Vendor should then evaluate the proposals received and determine how well they meet AIC needs and requirements, and subsequently select the best-fit proposal."
    -----------

My boss is advicing me to look at it as a contract between the AIC and the vendor who will do the RFPsو and evaluate them. He also said that we need to define clearly what we're expecting from the vendor to do for us.

so it should be something like :
    Build the RFPs and that should include:
    3. etc

Evaluate the proposals received form vedors and select the best meet our requirements: nd this should include :
    etc

So in the "Scope of service" section I need to define what other details I need to include under this section? what do you expect from the vendor who is doing your RFPs and evaluating the proposals afterward to do for you .
    The problem is that I lack the knowledge on how to actually build the RFPs documents so I don't really know what subtasks fall in that scope.

Thank you every one in advance .. I really appreciate your help ..

2. Casey

Casey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not a copywriter myself, but why doesn't your boss assign this task to an experienced person?

3. soso

soso
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for your reply ..I think he is trying to push me find it out on my own .. he told me go online and search it .. maybe he is giving me a chance to improve my experience .. you know when you work hard on something it gets stuck in your mind
    but I gave up now :(

4. soso

soso
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Please guys help me out ...
    I need just a quick points .. something like : make sure the company that will do the RFPs for you is gonna do this and that .
    Please ..