I need a help from SEOer

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by caohongquang, Mar 26, 2015.

1. caohongquang

caohongquang
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all
    My site is http://www.fancycheckout.com/, I SEO give it 3 months keyword "checkout magento extension" but can not stand up to the top 4, my backlink is 6k
    I expect an answer can help me :)
    Sorry , the English language is not my forte.

Here is a chart of my site in ahrefs:
    [​IMG]

#1 caohongquang, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  2. Tedel

Tedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Self-service advice...

Use Firefox, install Firebug and ySlow, and test your website with it. You will get a list of suggestions to improve. Work on them and check if it improves.

Hope this helps.

3. stevepalladous

stevepalladous
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I just took a look at your site on ahrefs too - I was pretty shocked at how quickly the links were racking up as it's almost impossible to build high quality links at that rate unless you have a huge budget and have just gone crazy in the media. Here is some advice:

1. search google and read articles on Penguin - absorb and understand that information before you read my tips. I think you're building a dangerous link profile that could lead to penalties in future.

----

2. English language anchor text in signature links on a non-English language forum are possibly dangerous if you overdo them: http://forum.idichvuseo.com/threads/tam-su-seoer-nhung-chien-binh-tham-lang.32347/ - most forums these days only offer 'no follow' links which makes putting your link in 'safe' if the forum will send you actual traffic but it shouldn't be used as an SEO or linkbuilding tactic on forums that are still offering followed links. You seem to have tons of forum links like this.
    3. Random profile links aren't going to help either - http://k9xmedia.net/members/caohongquang.319/ - they are a mainstay of spammy, and low quality linkbuilding efforts.
    4. Anything you go around submitting yourself is probably a bad idea - http://submitsites.net/members/caohongquang.20894/

And so on...

Automated, mass link building, forum and comment spam to get links etc etc is all high risk these days. It might still be effective in some markets/geographies but in general you need to be getting high quality links on real, authority sites, and preferably editorially given. Eg make some amazing content for your niche, and get covered on some high quality blogs (it's ok to write to them, of course, and let them know about your great content).

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point you have to work on removing almost all of the links you currently have.

Cheers,
    Steve

• Like Like x 3
  4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I agree with Steve. Without even going to ahrefs, I knew right off the bat that 6.7K links is way too many for a 3 month period, and you're looking at a steep drop in rankings if you don't fix that. I also took a look at your site versus others in the top 5 for "magento checkout extension". Except for the #4 and #1 listing, all of the other listings are subdomains, or inner pages, of the website, not the homepage. I also noticed that the page ranked #1 has a lot more content than yours does, and the website is separated into separate pages, not different sections of the same page.
    Re-design the website using separate pages, add content to the pages, have someone who is proficient in English proofread it for you, and work on getting links the right way instead of joining a website that gets you thousands of spam links, and you'll be on your way to getting the ranking you deserve, instead of trying to get the search engines to give you the ranking you want.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Backlinks does play an important role but that is not the sole success. Apart from backlinks you also need to focus on certain other stuffs and criteria like social, reviews and that would accordingly improve your ranking. Remember the more no of people would get to know about the website the more would be the ranking in search engines as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. caohongquang

caohongquang
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your answer Steve, joeroxx and ellisthomas86. You've helped me a step in the right direction. I will note and apply. Once again thank you :)

7. joy.linford

joy.linford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have gone through your website and I did not find any activity for social media. Social media is playing good role for SEO. I would recommend you start doing social media activities and try to be active every day and increase users engagement. It would not only help you for huge traffic but also provide you keyword rank.

8. edgarsmithersso6

edgarsmithersso6
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think I can add some knowledge about SEO if you mind or consider, SEO creates an effective internet presence in a business. Creating contents, building high quality links and analyzing results and adjusting accordingly to updates is an important part of SEO which will help to boost the ranking of your site. Depth analysis at the outset which reviews the state of the competition, finding the best keyphrases for your business industry is also important.

9. david14beck

david14beck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you check search volume and Competition of that keyword ?? I checked a Competition of your keyword 'checkout magento extension' its 5,13,000 . so you should promote your website with this keyword to rank high. :D :D :D

10. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suggest you look at your anchor text profile ration in ahrefs. Just below that report you just showed us, you will see how aggressive your anchor texts are vouching for your site. Next step would be to determine where are you getting backlinks from on these anchor terms. You have to know more about Penguin and Panda then integrate your website with these algos. What you have worked so far can still be reversed and have a healthier website so work on improving your website faster and better.

Thanks,
    Mark

11. pooja.lily

pooja.lily
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agreed.
    Not just yours but i had been to many such websites who don't allow social media to take part into its support
    Twitter, Facebook, G+, etc.... are not just for people and brands