I live overseas. Where should I register my eCommerce business?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by rosiebr6, Jan 18, 2017.

1. rosiebr6

rosiebr6
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi I have been thinking a long time about setting up an eCommerce store online but because of my situation I don't know where I should register my business.

I am a UK citizen living in Australia on an employer sponsored 457 visa My visa does not allow me to be 'employed' by another company and I definitely am not going to give up my job.

Can I set up a company in Australia on the 457 visa? As far as I'm aware I can apply for an ABN (Australian Business Number) through my TFN (Tax File Number)... But will I be in breach of my visa if I pay myself a salary from my side business? Also, could there be further complications associated if it came to selling up or closing down the business? E.g. if I moved back to the UK.

If I set up the business in the UK, would I need to reside in the UK for a number of days for tax reasons?

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Rosie

2. Mike Levin

Mike Levin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You always can register your business in UK, or if you can register it on one of your relatives. The best solution is to contact your layer in regards to that specific situation

3. MahaKarthi

MahaKarthi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have to get it registered with the proper authorities in your region of business. You have to get all your documentation correct.

4. YourRetailCoach

YourRetailCoach
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best solution is to contact your lawyer in regards to that specific situation as well as with the help of proper authorities and proofs and documents you can register your eCommerce business.