I just want to know if what is exchange link?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Clarence.Burn, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Clarence.Burn

Clarence.Burn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is this exchange link will help me a lot to make my site become popular?

2. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Link exchanges are a very old SEO strategy that is no longer useful. The search engines discount links where there is an obvious exchange. Some people go to a great effort to conceal the mutual nature of the exchange by using 3-way links (if your site A links to my site B, my other site C will link to your site A) and other even more convoluted exchanges.

It isn't worth your time and effort and may even hurt you from an SEO standpoint.

However, if your question of "becoming popular" is whether a link exchange can bring you more viewers not through bumping your search engine ranking but by generating traffic from the link itself, then that depends on a number of factors including how many people view the link on the other site (is it buried on a page that no one sees?), how prominent the link is on the page, whether the users of that site have any real interest in the type of website you are offering, etc...

3. mprange

mprange
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Business Attorney has explained it well what link exchange is, and like him I also do not recommend it as a way to improve your search engine ranking. It is very likely, you site to get banned from search engines if you do so.

4. Clarence.Burn

Clarence.Burn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You think? hmmmm Why will I get banned if I do it?

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Because it is a violation of Google's Webmaster Guidelines. Specifically, the guidelines specifically state, "Excessive link exchanges ("Link to me and I'll link to you") or partner pages exclusively for the sake of cross-linking" as a link scheme that is to be avoided. As Busness Attorney said, they are no longer useful, and may hurt rather than help. More link schemes to be avoided can be found here.

6. Clarence.Burn

Clarence.Burn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not really, It depends on the site you want to linking for. If that site is no quality and its not relevant to your site well, I say it's a violation.
    That's way as much as possible we will be linking to those sites with high quality and relevant to your page. Correct me again if im wrong. :D

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

There may be some cases where the content of another website may be of interest to your visitors, and you can link to it if you wish. When you do, the owner of the site may find that the content of your website is of interest to his/her visitors, and coul decide to link back to you. In this case, there is nothing wrong with linking to each other. Again , I will go back to Google's Webmaster Guidelines. You'll note in my original post, the quote from the guidelines says "Excessive link exchanges ("Link to me and I'll link to you")" (italics mine). But, the guidelines also say "Any links intended to manipulate PageRank or a site's ranking in Google search results may be considered part of a link scheme and a violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines." So, if your intent is to manipulate your site's ranking, you should not be using link exchanges.

8. guptaabhijit318

guptaabhijit318
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link exchanges have been going on since the beginning of the World Wide Web.A link exchange is a process of trading links with other web sites. Yah it is helpful, you can try it.

9. Clarence.Burn

Clarence.Burn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Did you try it before?

10. touqeer

touqeer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link exchanges and link farming are not effective techniques now a days because Google may ban your website in a Google search.

11. amyavery

amyavery
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link exchange is one of the primary ways to link building. Link exchange happen between two websites which is reciprocal to put a backlink with each other.

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This is why people wonder why their website's rankings are dropping. They are still using old, tired techniques that don't work anymore, and they are still using the old lines to try to get people to believe in them. Unfortunately, some still do.