i have just redesigned my travel site :D

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by daytrader, May 25, 2010.

1. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

At first look your site looks very professional and the ads are for the most part very well integrated. However, the large Google text ads are quite intrusive, when they appear above individual blog posts - a smaller ad might work better in that slot.

Your English is good, however the grammar on some of your posts could do with a little improvement. It might be worth having a native English speaker proof read your posts and tweak them, so that they are a little easier to read.

What is the main objective of your site, is it to generate revenue through advertising?

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

just generate revenue. not good in english too and sure its obvious :D i once hire a writer in my forex blog but turned costly. :D its just the start actually i might just drop this later and move it to my new domain.
    i want to create a forum for my philippine-tourist-spots.com domain - or i might just redirect this travel site there once the my design of my new domain will be great.

i might just add new ad size to those :D

4. CarlJackley

CarlJackley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello OwnedBox....

I see you are from the Philippines...I was in Boracay last year and the flight was under cebupacific.. so,I kinda figured out your location....

Anyway, I saw your site, and it looks neat. That's important because you don't want visitors to be driven away by so many ads and stuffs... I got some comments on the ad link unit though. The color palette is not blending well with the site... the link background is blue but its a different blue from your NAV Bar... Try making them look the same... Make the link text color white too... That would make it same as your Nav Bar....

Perhaps, make the background-white; the link text-red; and the border white. your ad unit will look like a regular link when you do that... Which is good. What do you think?

#4 CarlJackley, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to review your site but it seems to be not loading on when I try to access it.

Hope you can fix it.

6. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@GekiDan

i was doing some edit to my cgi lately.but its okay now

i might just do it thanks

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's working fine now.
    The design is simple yet attractive. You might want to add some fixed background there.
    Your sidebar widget about hotel booking is really helpful. It helps people who want to go to Cebu in choosing the right hotel for them.
    I also noticed the Recent comments widget. It seems to me that you are the only one who comments on it.
    And also, when I opened a blog entry, there's a large square ad below the title. That seems to be a little disturbing since what people see first is your ads rather than your content. It's much better to have it posted or placed below each posts.

Regarding the RSS, can be easily seen on the above fold of your site rather than below the page. It is much easier to be seen if it is placed on top.

8. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

its not me who comment it, i just ping the entries related to new entries. :D
    i'm currently editing it stil.

do you mean you're not pinging your own?

9. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Honestly, I don't know what pinging is and how it is done.
    BTW, I'm using Blogger so I might not have that kind of feature.

10. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The sites professionalism is pretty good however the grammar on some is a bit off. Your banner is missing some potential. The potential that would make your members want to stay.

11. KeithM.

KeithM.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with GekiDan, your site's design is simple yet attractive. The site could really give good impression at first and I hope that the texts could keep the interest and make readers to read and hopefully go to the place. Try presenting your ideas by using simple and appropriate words to keep the readers focused on your thoughts rather than on poor grammar. Good luck!

12. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree Keith. It was eye dropping and caught my attention :)

13. MattConoll

MattConoll
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree definitely. Also, although you can have the very nice and high quality detailed graphic designs, it's always your write-ups that will finally contribute to high or low sales.

14. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks.

i write the articles myself so i guess I'm really not a good writer. can you tell me where the incorrect grammar lines are? so i can revise it :D

15. Adam_Ly1983

Adam_Ly1983
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Knowing your room for improvements is one of the good qualities of being a good writer and obviously you're one of them. Perhaps the way you presented your ideas is that you actually and directly translated your native dialect to american english when it's somehow and often not applicable. Although it would take time figuring these things out, the right way to do it is to observe and analyze every sentence the way american english is constructed. A good training on this is to check what you read, watch and listen...are they good examples of what you would want to write?

#15 Adam_Ly1983, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010