I have done doing SEO for the past 1 year but all that I see is my page is at page 5 of google.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rina123, Aug 13, 2015.

1. rina123

rina123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone,

Now presently, working with software company which deals with all software products.They given one product can i start with these below given.
    1)Registering and sharing the social networking sites.
    2)Directory submissions (why directory submissions are taking the so much time to get approval,please tell me)
    3)blog submissions (why blog submissions are taking so much time to approval)
    4)social bookmarking blogs and also we are not getting any leads

Daily i am doing all these submissions are right or wrong please tell me frankly.And also please advice me or suggest me what i have to improve.Daily what i have to do.

please advice me.Thanks!

2. Gerry Speck

Gerry Speck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you have targeted the wrong keywords or high competitive keywords.
    Blog posting doesn't take so much time to get approved.

3. addialex

addialex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can add some offpage activity to improve your seo like -PPT submission and sharing ,Video submission and sharing ,Press release submission and sharing ,Image Sharing

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

One thing you have to remember is not to overdo any of the activities in which you are participating. It may seem counter-intuitive, but you cannot engage in any activity with the attitude that your main purpose is get your website highly ranked. Your main purpose is to communicate with, educate, and inform your intended audience, and in the process your website will rise in the rankings. The other thing to remembber is that links are still an important part of SEO. With all the emphasis on quality content, this is sometimes forgotten. As with any technique, don't overdo it. Also, don't worry about how many, or what percentage of your content they should be, just make sure they sound natural. With that in mind. here are the answers to your questions.

1) Registering and sharing the social networking sites - Don't just register on more and more sites just to get links. Remember what I said above about "your intended audience"? After the big ones(Facebook, Twitter, Google+), if you join any more, make sure your "intended audience" is there as well. After you've joined, get involved. Participate in discussions, start a few of your own, to let people know you exist. Also, do very little obvious advertising, except in places designed for that purpose.. Remember, your purpose is to inform and educate - let your potential clients come to you. You can go to them in the aforementioned places designed for advertising, i.e., Facebook Ads.

2) Directory submissions - here again, quantity is bad, quality is good. You're going to have some directory listings for those who are searching for your business. Just as there are major social networking sites, there are also quality directories such as 411.com, Yelp!, and CitySearch. You may also find some directories related to your niche. Just remember, quality not quantity. Working on the ones you have, and getting positive reviews will be better than adding tons of directories that no one visits.

3) blog submissions - Why blog submissions? Does your company have a blog? If not, WHY NOT? I apologize for shouting, but this one should be obvious. Writing your own blog articles, and sharing them on networking sites and social bookmarking sites(see below) will be much more productive than submitting your articles to other blogs. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, but you should be doing your own work, not trying to get others to do it for you.

4) 4)social bookmarking websites - You'll notice I changed "blogs" to "websites". Again, you should be sharing articles from your own blog. Here also, quality is more important than quantity. Make sure the sites on which you share your articles are popular, well-known sites, not sites that no one visits.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hemnaram

hemnaram
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I appreciate your hardwork. Have you analyzed your competitors website???
    Because optimizing and doing seo for the same keyword is not enough. Identify your competitors targetting keyword and work on it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Both Gerry and hemnaram have brought up an important point. How did you determine what keywords to pursue. You could be targeting highly competitive keywords, which would be harder to rank than a less competitive keywords. Identifying your competitor's keywords, and determining what keywords your potential clients are searching, will help determine which keywords you should be targeting. Keyword research should be done before any of the tasks you are presently doing.

7. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From what I understand about search engines, their selection is a tricky thing. This is the reason why the so called SEO is emerging in the limelight because people are kept guessing on how to get to the top of the list. I am not really well versed with the SEO thing but my consideration when it comes to that aspect is an appropriate title for the site or for the page or article or blog. The appropriate word need not be so unique since sometimes unique words are bypassed by search engines. Just my thoughts.

8. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The bad news is that SEO is dead since about 3 yeas ago, this is why you don't see any improvement at all when it comes to rank high in search engine results.

SEO experts will tell you this is not true because they make a living of this activity, but certainly SEO is actually a way to improve your website, but to improve its search engine visibility, the rules of SEO have changed and this is probably the source of your problem.

This article points at some of the significant changes that search engine optimization is now facing, so you can review if the SEO done on your site is abiding by the new rules of the search engine optimization game, http://www.convinceandconvert.com/digital-marketing/how-important-are-keywords/

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

SEO did not die 3 years ago. It has changed over the years, from an "anything goes" mentality to getting closer to what it should have been in the first place. There is a greater emphasis on improving the visitor experience to give them what they are looking for, in addition to giving the search engines what they are looking for. What should have died are the old techniques like keyword stuffing, hidden text, bulk links, buying followers for social media sites, etc.. As this ad on BAF shows, people who sell these techniques are still around, although they may not be as robust as they once were. Unfortunately, the same thread also shows that there are still people who can be convinced these techniques still work.
    As long as there are people who cannot afford professional SEO services, and are unaware they are being taken advantage of, there will be dishonest, unethical people who are more than willing to take advantage of them.

The article that you linked to does not, as you did in this thread, dismiss the importance of keywords. Instead, it encourages avoiding keyword stuffing, and explains some ways in which keywords should be used. I would not, as the article suggests, optimize my website for "every possible keyword that could be relevant". I would research the keywords to find out which ones would be the best converting, and optimize for those.

10. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Those directory submission sites are paid links that's why it requires approval
    Blog submissions depends on the admin or site owner to filter other content that will be posted in the blog site
    Its social bookmarking sites. Try to use authority sites like Reddit to benefit your site.

11. CashAware

CashAware
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The first look I would do is on metrics. Because before looking on search engines, I would look on how visitors behave on my website, if there's a big bounce rate and if yes why, how many time they pass on the page and on the website, what are the most successful pages, who visits my websites, where they're from, can make they feel more welcome by localizing the website into their country or languages, etc. Metrics.

Why? Well, because, there's many things that can go wrong and it's your work to look at what's going on to watch what's failing. After, as said above, what keywords you think to target is somewhat important, but I think it is a deprecated way of thinking because the important thing is to have your content talk about what your target visitors expects. Search engines often search similar words when doing searches and prefer to understand the meaning than the keywords.