I have a new business idea, input needed.

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by Jayontherise, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Jayontherise

Jayontherise
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi All,

My business idea consist of installing curly or flat hair irons at health clubs, night clubs or similar venues. The idea is that women will go to the bathroom, pay a couple of dollars into this vending machine and use this machine for a few minutes to fix their hair.

Do you think this idea can work?
    Can this product be marketed?
    Is there anything I should be concern about?
    How can I market this product?
    Is this a good idea?

Please advice, any comments, suggestions, concerns will be appreciated.

Jay

2. andykeating

andykeating
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But i think women are more concerned about their looks when they move out of their house..& in fact more particular when they have to go to night clubs etc..IMO if you'll provide this facility at night clubs & other similar venues it might not work.. :(

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Jay, thanks for joining. That sounds like a very interesting idea.

Difficult to say without doing some research on it. Would it be possible for you to trial the concept in one night club, without incurring a huge start up expense? The objective of the trial would be to see if women would actually use and pay for the service.

Safety would be a key concern, you would have to ensure that the product is designed in such a way that it is not dangerous to those using it, in terms of heat or coming into contact with water. You should also consider the fact that those using the product may be drunk, whereas they would most likely be sober when using it at home.

You could visit night clubs directly and ask them if they would install the product in their bathrooms, they will want some kind of fee or share of the revenue in return. Another option would be to sell it to the night clubs so that you get the profit on the original sale price and they get the ongoing revenue from customer use. You may even find some night clubs who would be willing to buy the product and then provide it to their customers free of charge.

Another option would be to sell the product through distributors who are already selling to night clubs and the pub trade.

Good luck with it and please do post back with your thoughts and feedback.

4. Emmaq

Emmaq
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Jay, it is hard to say whether it can work without doing some reseach. But it sounds great to me. You can do some survey first and then find a factory that can work with you. Set up an offshore company for your international promotion and business.