I have 35 thousand followers on twitter can i make money with it?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by ihatebusy, Feb 28, 2011.

1. ihatebusy

ihatebusy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So yea i have 35 thousand followers on twitter please help

i wan to to make some extra money to startup a project ...my followers are willing to click as many times as i need please suggest!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

35,000 is great and if they are actually reading your tweets and following your links you could potentially make some money from your Twitter account. You could do this by promoting your own site or by promoting affiliate links. Another option would be to use a service such as http://sponsoredtweets.com/ or http://revtweet.com/

Be careful not to become too promotional / spammy, if you do people will start unfollowing you and your Twitter account will lose a lot of value.

If you need money quickly you might consider selling your Twitter account. I have seen other people do this on various forums but do check Twitter's terms first to see if this is something they allow.

3. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use Fiverr.com (or similar websites) to a) sell a service like promoting a website or offer to your twitter followers; b) get 500-1000 twitter followers for new twitter members.

4. gigsforgurus

gigsforgurus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Similar to the above post, you can also check out something like Be A Magpie to monetize your traffic. The ads that magpie gives you can be targeted, however, again, you might find that your followers might start unfollowing you if they start seeing that you are getting money for your sponsored tweets.

Using Fiverr.com can also be an option. It depends on what you want to do. You can say that you can broadcast a message to your 35K Twitter followers for $5. If you have targeted followers, that would be even better. You can offer to broadcast a message to your *targeted* followers for $5. Fiverr only allows you to post your offer for $5, and you make $4 off of every "gig" that you sell. You can check out other of micro-job sites. It doesn't hurt to sign up for these sites, and post your "gig".

5. David Hawke

David Hawke
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That really depends on if your 35,000 people ever see a tweet from you. I know people that love Twitter but personally the whole follow me and I'll follow you thing doesn't make any sense. If your followers don't read what you are putting out there is no real point and the list is essentially useless.