I have 1 years experience of SEO and doing the certification of Web development?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by William King, Feb 1, 2011.

1. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have 1 years experience of SEO and doing the certification of Web development which will be completed in a month. I am working as a senior SEO and also doing the degree of computer science which is expect to be completed in 2013. Can I get a good job after certification with the pay of 4 to 500 dollars, Right now it is 200 dollars (approx. I get pay in rupees ) . How do you see my future? I live in Pakistan...

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

William, you have a great learning base there, between your degree and your practical work experience. The skills you are learning are in demand and are highly sought after. The fact that you have practical work experience combined with your college course will make you even more employable.

Do you plan on staying in Pakistan after you qualify? You could look at job adverts in Pakistan to see what employers are offering to people with the skills and experience you will have, when you finish your degree.

3. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, you know due to security situations of Pakistan, other countries hardly give visas to citizens of Pakistan and you have very little chance when yo don't have a sufficient budget so I think I am not able to move even If I want to, for 5 to 10 years. So I am looking forward to stable myself in Pakistan. Don't you think that I can easily take the international projects when I will provide all the SEO, SEM, SMM, and web development solutions and services

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes, I don't see why not. For most people who are hiring someone over the web, their main concern is that the person they hire is trustworthy and will do the job at a good price - they are not overly concerned with where the person they hire is actually from. With the continued growth of freelance sites and forums you should have no problem getting work, if you are reliable and build a good reputation by delivering quality projects to your clients.

5. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah but their is one difficulty I hardly gets time to study about my degree. You know their is 9 to 5 job than two hours classes of certifications.

I want to know weather I should focus on my degree or just leave it temporarily.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

How many subjects are you studying for your degree? Would it be possible for you to reduce the workload, by reducing the number of subjects you are taking at any one time? It would mean that it would take longer to complete your degree but it could mean the difference in getting a degree and not getting one.

7. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that SEO is like a Ocean and people develop new tricks up their sleeves each and everyday through their experience...So keep learning, keep evolving and keep growing,,,

Enjoy!!!

8. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have to pass 44 subjects and I have only passed 9. I know I should feel ashamed but what can I do I left with no time at the end of the day. I think this is a better option, but that mean I will get the degree at the age of 26 which normally guys gets in the age of 22. :(

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You've noting to be ashamed of William, you are making progress and moving in the right direction, that is something to be proud of. Many people do get degrees at the age of 22, but they are usually dedicated to their education full time. They are not holding down full time jobs like you are. When you do get your degree, you will have a big advantage over them, you will have all that practical work experience which will be a tremendous asset.

10. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks a lot for motivating me it is not just a formal thanks I really mean it.
    But, I think I am suffering from a very common thing from which mostly of generation in which we are living that is insecure about the future. As we all know what is going on in the world how people are becoming jobless and how the competition is increasing. I think i can earn living for my self but thing which make us worry is that we are going to earn for a family.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Many international economies are going through very difficult times at the moment and I know from personal experience how demotivating that can be. I suppose we should try to use it as a motivation stimulus, we can think of it as a challenge that calls on us to be even better.

When starting out on a career it is difficult to earn enough to support a family. However, as we progress and become more experienced our income level generally goes up and provides us with the means to support others. From little acorns great oaks grow.

12. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

and I think at this stage we should also remember that their is God above who takes care of and provide food to every living thing who struggle to live so how can he leave you alone when he knows that you are doing your best.
    I know i am getting spiritual and their can be atheists on this forum which will mind my post, but this is what I believe. :)

13. Richard Edmonds

Richard Edmonds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am by no means religious but you shouldn't have to explain about your beliefs - you are entitled to them, sir. You mention you are diving into SEO? Good start, I would strongly recommend you branch out into the other side of the web development space too with designing, back-end coding etc. What languages do you know? PHP, HTML and CSS? PHP is a huge bonus for any SEO consultant.

Try to start up a good number of affiliate projects to display your skill and knowledge to potential employers and join SEO websites (such as SEOmoz.org etc.) to read up on the latest trend. The more experience you have under the belt and the more broad your knowledge is within the SEO sphere, the higher the wage you can expect to receive.

14. hetalhet

hetalhet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think there is nothing bad in getting spiritual.. its alright. and William the great thing about you is at least you are constantly moving forward to chase your dream. So don't loose your hope ever just believe in your Karma n skills and keep doing things which will bring you near to your dream.. YOU WILL CHASE IT.. :)

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Approximately 22,000 children die as a result of poverty every day. I wonder why God doesn't save them.

16. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

God gives resources to the people so they can distribute among the other but these people keep these resources to themselves and let the people children die
    Now, please without being spiritual I would say God is not responsible for insane human acts...

17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree, poverty is caused by man's greed and foolishness. However, children who die from poverty are not at fault, they are suffering due to the fault of others, yet God doesn't save them.

Hence, I question the idea that we should be confident that God will provide for us, because the reality is that there are lots of people who die from poverty through no fault of their own. Over twenty thousand children died from poverty yesterday, if any of those children ever had confidence that God would provide for them, the fact that they are dead now is evidence that their confidence was misplaced.

If God doesn't prevent the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent children who die from poverty every day, I don't think he's going to make a special effort to help me or you out.

18. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Those children were may be responsibility of someone... their are some incidents which are surely hurting but still they do make the sense to believe that their is no God. How can this entire universe came into existence without any creator