I get traffic, withouth doing anything .

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by michael84p, Apr 26, 2010.

1. michael84p

michael84p
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi! I made a website about 1 year ago, and since then, I did not made anything on it, but it’s still getting traffic. How long can it work ?
    Does anybody have any experience abaut it ?

2. JamesD31

JamesD31
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a website right now, that I had worked on a little, but has been up for a few years and just gains traffic (plus a lot of advertisement clicks even though it was made as a fan site). It is probably based off Google and other search engines for your keywords your website is in. It can go on forever if more traffic goes to it.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Michael, any site can get some traffic, if it is indexed in the major search engines. However, you will need to work on your site if you want it to succeed for a period of time. Your site will not be of much value to your visitors if you don't regularly update the content on it, or the services you provide.

Would you mind sharing the website address with us?

4. michael84p

michael84p
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal ! Yes, I can share the wibsite address if you want, but it's a non-english website.
    Here it is : http://fitt-es-egeszseges.com/
    I was surprised when I saw, that after 1 year this site is still getting traffic, so I started to write some new articles :D

5. michman

michman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice :) It's surprising to me too since you probably haven't updated anything since then...
    I'm sure I might have missed the flag or something but... Isn't that Hungarian?

6. michael84p

michael84p
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You're right it's Hungarian. Do you speak this language ?

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just as Fergal had already said, all sites that are indexed are capable of getting traffic from search engines every now and then.
    I also have a blog that haven't been updated for nearly a year and it is still getting a traffic or two from Google.

8. johnyboy2157

johnyboy2157
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yah it is possible that unique head word make a strong flow of traffic but you must not content on it & start any type of popular SCO method, like link building, article writing, forum posting etc etc to ensure the heavy flow of traffic in future.

9. sayjee234

sayjee234
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many people get tons of traffic because of their unique content. there is no big deal in it.

10. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's no surprise since your website might be indexed and rank well in certain keyword due to your content, or some other people give you backlink

11. dexterallen01

dexterallen01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ok maybe your url keyword is too competative on the search thats why it get automatic traffic from search engine. Start R & D word and check what keyword is most searchable on you site. Target that and start promotion or link building how ever you can do.