I dont know what type of business license to get!

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Nikana, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Nikana

Nikana
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am so lost...

I have a video game website (pretty much a blog) http://www.4logpc.com

I want me and the members of my crew to start going to gaming events like E3. The issue is you need a business license to attend.

I want to be able to use our travel costs, food costs, and advertisements as a tax deduction. Id like to have each individual person of our team to be able to file their deductions on their own tax return. (i dont even know if thats possible)

I want the company to be mine, and not have any other people to have choices in what happens.

The website makes very little to no money, and im not sure if that is even relevant.

Ive been looking at an LLC, just in case something happens that way my name is ok.

I honestly am so lost and help be appreciated

2. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why not ask those events manager or organizers to what kind of business license you should be getting? It could be a business license that is related to gaming right?
    You could try also checking about business licenses through your states' Department of Revenue or whatever government body is assigned for that.