I am starting a Carbon Nano Tubes(CNTs) production business..need advice in sales....

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Vishal, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Vishal

Vishal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am planning to start a carbon nano tubes production business....though i have a good technical background in this field...i am naive and young...i need to know where i can sell my Carbon nano particles...and CNTs...(my CNT and Carbon Nano Particle samples are ready)...please....people who know about it.....give me some good piece of advice.....I need some companies or groups or any research centre that could buy my CNTs and Carbon Nano particles.....I need to sell it.....or i need some groups or communities which are related to or deals with carbon black business so that i can join in those groups or communities and can improve my business deals and virtues.....please shed some light....please help me up......

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Vishal, I'm not familiar with CNTs, can you please tell us a little more about the types of customers who would normally buy them?

3. Vishal

Vishal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

CNTs are Carbon Nano Tubes.....they are very fine and small carbon particles otherwise even call carbon nano fibres...they are used in many fields...like in aircraft to avoid bird hits.....in cars(carbon fibre cars).......in sports racquets and bats...in auto mobiles....coating metals...in circuits and other stuff.....and many more...but all these can be done only after a little processing in CNTs.....they are well known for their high tensility....strength and weightlesness.....i have made some samples myself.....which i would sell to some companies which could buy nano carbons......process it...and sell it to companies relating to above i mentioned......or even there are some communities and groups which are buying nano carbons...processing it and selling to some big companies....i need to make a initial tie up so that i can develop my business based on the money i get from selling the initial samples i made.....so i need some companies...groups...communities...solutions....that could buy my nano carbons......

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd suggest you start by writing a list of every business you could think of who might be interested in buying your CNT products. If you can't come up with a good list by yourself, do some research in Google and you should easily be able to find some companies. Once you have your list, prioritise it - i.e. put it in the order of the companies you will contact first. Next see what research you can do to find the most appropriate contact person in each company and add their names and contact details to the list.

You will then need a brief plan as to how you will contact those people. This plan doesn't need to be set in stone, in other words if you start using it and find that it is not working you can change it later and try something else. This plan will be very brief, e.g. will you phone those contacts directly or will you first send them out a mailing and then phone them, or perhaps you might even phone them to verify the contact, get their agreement to accept the mailing, then mail them and make the follow up sales call.

Once you have done all that the next action is to get busy implementing your plan and making changes along the way if it is not getting the results you need.

Does that sound like it might work for you?

5. Vishal

Vishal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh...fine thanks...thats really a good moral booster.....can you please give me some advice how to approach contacts(the people in business)......how to convince them to buy my products.......how to send my products if its not in my country.....how to make them accept my intentions...virtues and policies........generally how to communicate with corporate big shots regarding business tie....as its the most sensitive and intrinsic part of a business...please help me....

6. Vishal

Vishal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am starting a Carbon Nano Tubes(CNTs) production business need some advice please..

am planning to start a carbon nano tubes production business....though i have a good technical background in this field...i am naive and young...i need to know how to approach contacts(the people in business)......how to convince them to buy my products.......how to send my products if its not in my country.....how to make them accept my intentions...virtues and policies........generally how to communicate with corporate big shots regarding business tie....as its the most sensitive and intrinsic part of a business...please help me....​

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

As you are just starting out, I'd suggest phoning them and explaining that you are just starting the business. Tell them that you are doing a little market research and ask if they would be willing to meet you to discuss it further. Would you be comfortable with that approach?

8. Vishal

Vishal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yeah...sure...thanks....that was helpful

• Like Like x 1
  9. koken_7

koken_7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello...has your CNT business started?