I am looking for new work.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Millie.T.Cook, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Millie.T.Cook

Millie.T.Cook
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am being paid minimum wage at an IT job that I'm great at. I could start this same business on my own.

I am hoping to get some ideas. Thanks

MC

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Millie. Are you looking for help to find a new job or to start a business?

If you would like some advice to start a new business please tell us a little about the business you would like to start and let us know if you have any specific business questions.

3. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Welcome to Business Advice Forum. Would like us to help you in finding new jobs or you want us to give new ideas on your current business, if so then please provide us a little more details about your job so, that we can help you.

Thank You

4. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to BusinessAdviceForum.

If you think you can start the same business on your own with profit then why don't you setup your own? I think if you're getting comparatively low wage then it's worth having your own and earn quite more. IT has quite good market and earnings.

If you think you're unable to setup your own business, why don't you talk about your wage with concern authorities. May be you should be open to discuss such matters with your employee partners and authorities.

5. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome,
    Our company help you free up your time, free up your mind, build your wealth.

Nice to know you in this friendly forum.

What do you love to do?
    and What business ideas do you have?

6. Keaton

Keaton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Would be more helpful if you told us more about what you do? If you think you can do it yourself I'd say go for it, unless there is a big risk of some sort. Or perhaps you can ask your boss for a pay rise otherwise you will leave and do it yourself.

7. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Millie,
    It helps me alot to write the situation that i am facing now,

Then I can get clear to what next steps to take for me.

I believe it can works for you too. :)

8. stevebarnard

stevebarnard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Millie,

I appreciate you on starting personal business. First of all, you should cater local area clients and as you start seeing result, slowly expand. But finding prospects is a difficult task, so it’s better to explore Servana (my signature) and get connected with authentic/credible clients.

9. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So you like to implement your skills in the IT job to be another source of income that's why you like to put up a business of your own right? That's nice to hear that your knowledge can make your dreams come true once your business become successful.

10. chinaoilpainting

chinaoilpainting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What about your past IT job? You need a self-analysis to find out what`s your Advantages and Disadvantage.

11. kinse01

kinse01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You know friends, IT job is one of the common work for a fresher and beginner, and you can work as web designer and programmer but first start applying for some IT company.

12. gtt

gtt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Millie. Welcome to BAF!

I know it's quite a little behind the date when you posted this thread but let me just share this with you:

If you're a newly-graduate and start building a career, I suggest that you just grab the opportunity to gain some more skills and experiences with your current IT job. But knowing that you want to divert your time and efforts into something else which you think could be beneficial to you, then that is a good thing.

Just a thought :)

13. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Millie. You can try freelance jobs first online and when you're doing great you can start a business of your own.

14. Blacklight

Blacklight
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well if you are Good on being an IT personnel you can try to apply on bigger company as you said you are great on being an IT personnel. you have the experience and skills and im sure you are fit on some higher positions.

15. kristenspring

kristenspring
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you think that you are skillful enough to do things related ti IT? You should have a long time experience to have a mastery. I suggest you should finish your contract in your company or better yet try applying to other big companies.

16. rehan507

rehan507
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have IT back ground, web designing and freelancer work is best suited you.

17. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good luck to your good plan, hope by this day you are getting a possitive result. Cheers.