I am #1 in google search

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Chris_Tax, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Chris_Tax

Chris_Tax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

After countless hours last year my site is number 1. My directory listings like manta are number 2, 4, 5, and 6.

I do income tax part time out of my home. My clients are all locals. My town population is 20,000. Goggle is just a phone book. I got 2 calls last year from google. Purely using the net how do I increase this. Flyers have been most effective for me

2. gpg

gpg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Congratulations on getting #1 on Google.
    to rely 100% on Online business you will have to dedicate a lot of time online, few ways to get local traffic that will convert is to publish on local forums like

Manta
    Gumtree
    Craiglist

and many more directories

Plus You can also sign up on Various Online Forums where you can get leads related to your business niche.

3. arnurnaakala

arnurnaakala
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Friends,
    The problem with most SEO services today is that internet marketers create very little link diversity. For example, the typical SEO service submits to only web blogs and only a small amount of article directories and other standard websites. If I were Google, here is how I would see your website’s backlink profil.The google is the very good site.
    Nice to meet you.
    Thanks,

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You make a good point concerning link diversity, but you then say "here is how I would see your website's backlink profile", and you don't follow up. Why did you leave out the rest of your explanation of your position? As far as the rest, we all know that Google is a "very good site", as they are the top search engine in the world. The rest of your post is also not necessary.

5. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Getting to be #1 on Google is only the first step. First of all, I assume you are talking about a single search term. How many people actually search that term? Probably not a lot. I have been #1 on Google on a lot of local search terms that I expected to be great terms for driving visitors to my page, only to find out through tools like Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools that those searches were less than 10 per month.

So the first step is to get great content up that will get you ranking for a variety of keywords. The more the better.

Even more important is how your site converts once you get visitors to your page. If you find that you are getting visitors but few calls, then rethink your page. Are you focusing on the benefits that a visitor will get when they hire you to prepare their taxes? Is there a call to action? Even if it looks good to you, if it is not working, then test another approach.

There is no single solution. Even when you find something that works, don't be afraid to try to find something else that works better.

6. drgbiz

drgbiz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello could you tell me what you did to get your site #1 on google. And what is a back link?

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

8. k2seo

k2seo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

He can use keywords suggestion tool to select his search term or keyword.

9. Jacob_Thompson

Jacob_Thompson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice to hear that you rank 1st. To rely on online business it is necessary that your business should be listed locally. Social media is also an effective way to market the business and thus gaining the business.

10. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

my tech site ranked at number 1 too. but don't get much signups. what other suggestions can you provide other than having more contents?

11. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Chris, I noticed you are highly ranked for several local phrases related to your business. Inn addition to your URl, you are highly ranked for "fillmore tax prep" (#2), filmore tax preparation" (#2), and "fillmore income tax preparation" (#1). But, both you and ownedbox apparently have the same problem - no one searches the phrases you are ranking for, including the people in fillmore. Before spending "countless hours" on getting your website ranked for these phrases, your first step should have been to find out what phrases people are using to find your service. Google is now smart enough to know where a searcher is based on their IP address. Is it possible people in fillmore are searching without using the location? Unfortunately, that means the phrases are going to be harder to rank for, but at least you are working on phrases people actually search.
    Onedbox, I would give you the same advice - make sure the phrases you are pursuing are phrases that your potential clients actually search. In addition, instead of simply adding more content (not contents - the word "content" does not have a plural) add more relevant content, that would be informative for the visitor. Or, edit the existing content to make it more relevant and helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  12. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Page rank is based on back links. Back links are Links pointing to your website from another website. The more back links you have the higher your PR will be.

SEO is an abbreviation of Search Engine Optimization. This is the process of structuring a web page so that it is found, read, and indexed by search engines in the most effective manner possible. On Page SEO you attract readers by providing high-quality content. The technique is to make the articles as relevant as possible to what the searcher is looking for. It greatly helps if you are an expert on the topic you are writing about. This way, you can give new and useful information to the reader.
    On the other hand, Off Page SEO relies on other website’s feedback of your site. By adding your link to their website, they can direct their traffic to yours. The search engine sees this as a sort of recommendation and the website’s rank will reflect on yours too. The technique is to get linked from websites that have been ranked high by search engines and avoid low quality websites.

13. Chris_Tax

Chris_Tax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I used "income tax (City I live in)" and "(city I live in) income tax" as my key words. Goggle is a phone book for me. If you need a plumber, you will type in plumber city.

14. haodl

haodl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you know Backlink? Back link google or Back Link

search google.com:
    "link: your site"
    "site: your site"
    or (don't have space)
    "link:your site"
    "site:your site"

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Your point is a good one, but you provide only one type of service. A plumber can provide a variety of services, so he can also be ranked for "type of service (city name)" or even "type of service".