Hygiene- what and why for you?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by scifi, Feb 23, 2013.

1. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hygiene could have different meanings for different sections of society...depends on age, income groups, and even on gender....

What is your view on this...what is hygiene for you and why it is must for you...?

2. Eric Wolfe

Eric Wolfe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hygiene essentially allows you to display cultural norms of cleanliness and self-care. It creates better impressions with the people around you, and so improves your success in that way. It also makes you feel better about yourself, and so enhances your confidence and your mental state, allowing you to feel better and do better. When you feel like you are taking care of yourself, you feel more professional, and you are perceived as more professional. It helps create better relationships, and a better life.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SmartDiva

SmartDiva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hygiene leads to healthy life.... as is says.. Health is wealth.

4. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hygiene can relate to many aspects. If you are hygienic then you are clean, fresh and confident. Everyone likes a hygienic man rather than an unhygienic man. People will listen more to a hygienic man. If you are unhygienic, people won't even listen what you say and try to get away from you. So, cleanliness is important. Also the environment has to be clean and hygienic.

When, things are clean and fresh, mentality is fresh and you get ideas and solutions for problems.

5. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As it is said Cleanliness is next to Godliness. If you are hygienic and keep yourself and your surrounding environment clean it is a good habit. It keeps you healthy and fit. People do not like to be with someone ugly and unclean. Besides that you might be prone to many diseases if you are unhygienic.

6. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Everyone talks about hygiene and cleanliness in general..what is their standards from your own point of view....

For eg. Some people apply sanitizers to clean their hand immediately if they shake hand with some body, others do not...who is more hygienic ?
    Some people bathe 2 times a day or even more , others bath single time ....who is more clean......?

This depends on multiple factors....please share your opinion and views in particular....if you have any such peculiar hygiene habit .....

7. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The thing you are telling to use sanitizers to wipe off hands after handshake and bathing / showering like 2 or more times. This can happen if the person is too clean or he is suffering from mental disease called OCD (Obsession Complex Disorder). And for some people it doesn't matter to use sanitizer or to take shower twice or thrice.

I don't think cleanliness lies in bathing or using sanitizers to clean hands. It's just an thought. He can take shower in the morning and in evening before going to bed. Point is, he has to be clean. He needs to wash hands before eating anything if he doesn't use spoon or fork. Also, while cooking food cleanliness is a most. You should wash the vegetables well and you should not like touch your hairs while cooking the food.

• Like Like x 1
  8. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good point devilbatista....but I have seen people with OCD...;)...

Point is different people view hygiene and cleanliness with different angles based mainly on their social status and physical condition ( which further depends on their upbringing and life)'.....for eg.drinking Water standards for rich class and low class ( based on income)...

Hope I am clear....any further opinion..or other views are welcome please...

9. Jack Simmons

Jack Simmons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

"Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good"

Obviously, there is no substitute for hygiene. In fact, it is a NECESSITY! And yes, being clean opens to a lot of opportunities because it radiates a feeling of confidence and trustworthiness. Obviously, people would prefer to talk to, to be with, and to transact business with someone who looks honest, capable and dependable. Hence, being clean attracts more people and makes you respect yourself more. Oftentimes, this would lead to success in whatever endeavor you make.

• Like Like x 2
  10. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This line is something that can be taken for hygiene while maintaining individual preferences and standards for hygiene and cleanliness .....good one jack...

11. Delgado2009

Delgado2009
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A respectable man should maintain clean hygiene in society.

12. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What do you mean by "clean hygiene" ...both these words together sounds confusing.....hygiene is broader term indeed...can you kindly be some specific....

13. Delgado2009

Delgado2009
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Something like: make a shower daily, brush your teeth every morning and evening, wear deodorant, wash your clothes after wearing them, trim your hair every 5-10 weeks, clip your fingernails and toenails regularly. Got the idea? :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah certainly..I am a hygenic man by your standards indeed...Hope we meet some day... ;)

15. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, the drinking water thing. Rich classes buy Drinking water for drinking purposes only. They don't use tap water. But Low Classes filter the tap water or boil it to drink it. This is quite common.

16. sheepishwolf

sheepishwolf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I view basic hygiene as things that keep you looking and feeling your best. I think it varies for everyone though, depending on your culture, lifestyle, social class, and other factors.

For me, hygiene is brushing my teeth daily, washing my face, combing my hair, wearing clean clothes, and keeping my house and workspace tidy. I call those my basic hygiene necessities because if I didn't do any of them I wouldn't look nice, operate efficiently (this mostly is for my workspace being tidy, because if it was not I'd have trouble quickly finding things that I need and going through work if there was a mess), or feel good. I know that when I don't brush my hair, wash my face, and brush my teeth in the morning, I feel grimy and like I should still be in bed. That doesn't make for a productive work day.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TT Annoy Me

TT Annoy Me
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just wash yourself and your hair/teeth frequently; at least once on a daily basis (for showering you could get away with every couple of days).

It's not just for appearance or making yourself presentable to others; but it's beneficial to your health.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hygiene is extremely important. And I'm not saying this just because my mother would want me to. Being clean is a prerequisite, in my opinion, for an ideal professional image. Would you listen to a clean cut, well groomed, man in a suit? Or would you prefer to listen to a man with a shaggy beard, smells like the drinks he had three nights ago, and forgot deodorant for a few days? I know what I prefer.

19. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's something good...hygiene related to health....

Every person has his/her own hygiene standards and accordingly health is taken care of; by the individuals.....

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

Don't take me wrong....

But it depends on which category of people are meeting and what is their hygiene standards.....

For eg. A person who is selling construction machinery spares have to meet with construction labour who might be soiled and not be able to maintain high level of hygiene standards......