Human Resources on the Go: Pro or Con?

Discussion in 'Legal and HR' started by ultimatesoftware, Feb 5, 2013.

1. ultimatesoftware

ultimatesoftware
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

This question is for any and all forum users! We all the human resources department is a valuable and important part of a company. How would you feel about having access to that personal data on employees out of the office, such as via human resources software with remote access? Do you think it is something that could eventually eliminate the need for an on-site human resources department? While I know there is strong opinion on computers replacing peoples' employment positions, I am asking from a capability/convenience angle.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Best,
    Amy

2. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Indeed that could be handy and useful for an organization, but i really don't think that this software can replace onsite HR department, reason being that a HR department is not only for maintaining the personal data of employees. They are responsible for all the employee management issues, that include dispute management, compensation arrangements, task analysis etc.

But I would say that this software would definitely aid to the tasks of HR department.

3. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having such a software would aid the task of the hr department and make it more efficient and flexible. However, i doubt it could reduce the importance on an onsite department.

4. Nancy Olson

Nancy Olson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Human Resource Management have lot of responsibilities other than managing employees personal data. So this software can aid to the task of HR department but can't totally replace the on-site Hr Department.

5. Tuckshop

Tuckshop
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Human resource management have lot of responsibilities instead of managing workers individual information. So this application can help to the mission of HR division however are not able to thoroughly exchange the on-web site Hr department.