How you deal this issue?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by kguru1979, Sep 8, 2009.

1. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In your official life, once you grow to a better position in the company you are working, you will definitely face some very complicated situations from where resolving will become very complicated for you. If you are unable to resolve in such situations, definitely it may affect your personal success.

I like to share one situation which I faced in my official life and request you all to discuss resolving such situations.

Me and my immediate Manager are going to one official monthly status review meeting. Our Managing director is heading that meeting. Me and my boss are sitting there and reviewing the status of our activities. The problem is, in such a situation, our Managing Director may sometime directly communicate to me about the forthcoming activities and plans and I may agree directly. After coming out from the meeting, my boss will neglect about my agreement with our Managing director. So, some misunderstandings will happen between me and my boss. But, during the next review, our Managing Director may ask about the status directly to me sometimes.

I am sometimes unable to handle such situations.

Any member here can share about their experiences. I think resolving such situations will improve our personal success in official life.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for your post Guru. Sorry but I'm not sure that I understand you fully when you say,
    Can you please explain what you mean by that a little more?

3. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I mean,

My boss will not agree or neglect What I discussed with my Managing Director directly during the meeting. He may feel that I discussed with Managing Director directly..!

I hope this time I conveyed correctly Fergal... got my point??

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It's great that your MD values your opinions and asks you for them in company meetings. You should be conscious of the fact that this is an opportunity to display your knowledge and abilities to senior management.

Performance at meetings is a very important factor in determining how well you can do in the corporate and business world. You will be judged more than you might imagine, by how you speak and present yourself at these meetings. Meetings in this case also refers to brief informal chats with other staff and management.

My advice is that you prepare for these monthly review meetings as much as possible and ensure that you have all the relevant facts at hand and that you are clear on your recommendations and suggestions for moving the business forward.

Your immediate manager should understand that if you perform well at these meetings it also reflects well on him or her. These monthly review meetings are a great opportunity for you and you should not be overly concerned that your manager does not agree with everything you say.

Please post back with your thoughts.