How would you spend $10 on your site?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Fergal, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If you were given $10, to spend any way you like, to help your website how would you spend it?

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I would be given $10, I would like to spend it on a custom .COM domain for my blog.
    This way, my blog can look more professional and easy to remember than that .INFO domain I purchased a while ago.

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Content is the king, i will consider to buy some quality article. However, if my website content is sufficient then i will hire a quality poster to make related answer on yahoo answer since yahoo answer can generate targeted traffic to my website

4. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How I spend $10 to improve my site?

Let us consider I have owned an online store wherein users can buy and sell goods online. My site acts as an communication layer between buyers and sellers.

In such a case, I will spend $10 in following ways.

1. I will do an online survey (probably I will spend $5 for conducting that survey) to know top most brands users prefer to sell and buy online.

2. Based on the survey outcome I will invest $2 in my website upgradation and I will remove the "useless" and "less valuable" products from my website and concentrate more on better products which has more buy / sell transactions so that my commissions and revenue through my site can be increased.

3. Based on the outcomes of the above steps, If I get succeeded (means, if my revenue increased after a month or two), I will try to split my website into two different domains and split the product ranges between them. For this, I will invest the remaining dollars and do an domain upgradation.

The final step is important because, same company selling / buying product ranges into two different domains will fetch more income than all clustered into one...!

By this way, I will spend $10 to improve my website and thereby improve my online business opportunities...!

5. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Truly speaking for me $10 is very less to spend on my website at present (Ya about one and half year’s back it matter me a lot as)

If I want to spend 10$ at present …..It will try registering domain name in other tld (for example if I have name in .com and I would try registering .net, .org, .info etc)
    As no one can try spamming my website (like it happened to seobook.com ……where a guy registered seo-book.com and was spamming seobook.com)
    Or
    I may buy links to my website (doing advertisement)
    Or
    If some useful plugins which is available under $10 then I would buy them
    Or
    Buy an eBook under or equal to $10 and run a competition on my blog (or buy domain name coupon or some thing like that ……) to give it away as a price …….I may gain some popularity doing this
    Register new domain name and start developing that website
    As most of thing which I need to buy at present would cost me more than $20 +

So I would save it and once it reaches the required amount then I would spend it

If I was give $10 about a year back I would buy a domain name as I dint have a single domain name ….and I was struggling …..To get some money into my paypal account

6. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to spend $10 on a paid plugin of wordpress, to make my site good looking. But if I do not get a good plugin in $10 then I would surely go to freelancing forum and will open a logo contest for $10 there.

If I get $10 for improving my website then I would be asking for review of it, of $2 and then will make some appropriate changes according to my budget.

Thanks

7. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would hire someone to post my site to different high PR blogs (As blog comments) and to related forums as well as in yahoo answers.

8. Ultimate

Ultimate
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I always wants to bring more traffic to my site, So that I can make some money from my visitors. I want quality visitors, at the same time I want them keep coming back to my site for new contents.

I personally feel that I have some knowledge in SEO. I have lot of interest in learn more about the SEO and SERP. I am confident that I can do the site optimization for my self.

But Still want to get the feedback from people about my site, This will help me to improve my site better. I will post the link to my site here in BAF and ask the members to visit my site and provide the honest feedback. For the three good feedbacks, I will share that $10. Because, Ideas are not always free, there is no harm in spending some money for getting some great ideas to enhance my site. Because, I can get lot of profit afterwards from my site.

9. rockstarhobbo

rockstarhobbo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Advertising

I would spend it advertising on related niche sites with good google PR, in that way it would be more possible to generate a bigger traffic into my site.

10. ExpiredAccount

ExpiredAccount
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I had $10 to make my business grow, I would use Trek or a similar service to get some advertising for my website. I have had great success with Trek Advertising in the past. For $10, I would be able to have 500 visitors to my site, with a sidebar!

11. ZakShow

ZakShow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well for 10$ you can't buy quality links or a good blog review, so the best way to get some backlinks and more visitors that may convert to sales or click ads and to rank higher in search engines is to seek in online webmasters and freelancing boards from people to stumble or digg your blogpost or a page for something like $0.25 per action.. It means for $10 you'll get 40 stumble up or digg that would help you get more visitors and grow your audience for sure!

12. chrisdina

chrisdina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'll make a little contest for a month. For anybody who put my link in their website, and send the most unique traffic to my website, he/she will be the winner. Just one the winner and he/she will get $10..

13. eddielkk

eddielkk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Traffic is very important to my website, with only limited $10 funds, it wouldn't help much in getting traffic to my site, but I will offer this $10 to people to write comments to my blog post. As you all may know that a blog with many comments, will help a lot in optimize SEO, especially google. It will helps my site to get listed higher rank in google SERP. I can offer in forum to employ paid poster to post comments on each of my blog post, with merely 10 cents per comments, it easily give me 100 comments to my site!

14. kiatsiang

kiatsiang
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will use the $10 to creates backlinks to my website. I can ask my friends, forum members to have them put my webiste in the their website and signature links. Some actives forum poster need to pay them to put on their signature links, i can use this money $10 to do that. This will ensure my sites get more traffic in future.

15. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1st if i dont have a good domain i will buy a good domain.
    if i have a good domain then i will use 10$ on directory submission
    i am not a expert or professionl so i learn through net only
    i have read in many sites that directory submission is a good way
    to get backlinks and it helps in page rank
    if we have a good PR and good domain then we can use 10$
    in advertising.10$ is not a very huge amount of money so one had to
    utilize it properly and with proper knowledge

16. ann421

ann421
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if i'd be given $10, i'll use it as a capital even for a small kind of business. here in the philippines, $10 can be an initial capital for e-loading business on any telecommunications. the income may not me that high enough at first, but the Return of income (ROI) can be expected on the succeeding days. you can triple your income in less than a month.

17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Lots of very interesting replies to this question. Many members would like a domain name, it appears to be the most popular choice. Next most popular is online advertising and promotion.

For those of you that say you would buy content, could you write the content yourself? All it takes is some time and effort to do the background research, and then actually write the content. Practice makes perfect.

You could make a start here on BAF, for free Guru. Start a new thread in the relevant section to ask members your question or questions of interest. You could also include a poll.

Why would you need money to do that? Surely you could do that without spending anything?

I'm not familiar with Trek, could you please tell us a little more about it?

18. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The problem is article writing need research and it is time consume. Yes, everyone can write but the quality of the content is different, some more not all the member are good in english.

"Practice makes perfect" - this is my favorite quote.

Practice need times, it will be better for me to focus on SEO and let the experts to their part. Never waste our strength or skill, this is important and therefore different people have different option.

19. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for that Sigma. It's a good strategy, I'm a strong believer in playing to your strengths and spending your time working on what you are good at and what you enjoy.

20. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With regards to a survey. If you want to make it a little more detailed you could design one on SurveyMonkey using their free account. Post the relevant link on BAF and you'll probably gain some very valuable information.