How would I go about becoming published in a credible current affairs publication?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by jackthomsan, Nov 28, 2011.

1. jackthomsan

jackthomsan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Would like to become a free lance writer, and fell that I have the knowledge and research tools available to do so; however, I need to gain some credibility to join a specific freelance writing website. How would I go about becoming published in a credible publication concerning current affairs, and what exactly constitutes being published? Do letters to the editor?

2. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One the biggest keys I have found in becoming a published writer is to build out a resume of writing that can be easily accessed via the internet. Work on finding sites that pay you to write articles and then publish them for you on there platforms. Sites like TextBroker and YahooContributor come to mind. Once you have writing samples on these sites to showcase then start trying to attract clients on the major writing freelance sites such as Fiverr, Elance, Odesk etc. etc. Once you have a good client base and a nice portfolio you can start raising your rates and branching out into ebooks, printed books, magazines etc. Also writing guest blogs and general content for websites can be a great way to start out as well. It takes practice, practice, practice and leveraging all your options until you find a nice niche to settle into.

3. LiquidServe

LiquidServe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should try the article writing service on seoclerks It's great and I got like 25 articles written for like 70$ which is the best price! All were unique and 500 words +