How will Google deal with the two similar website?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by apexis, Sep 27, 2012.

1. apexis

apexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How will Google deal with the two similar website? I mean the content of the two sites are similar with each other.

2. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its understood both of these some one copy the others content so copier will be in the mouth of Penguin.

3. williamluke01

williamluke01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google catch the rabbit for published date or which content first index on google.

4. Will Passmore

Will Passmore
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

I'm sorry, but what are you talking about? The two similar websites...?

5. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If there is duplicate content involved. The original may rank, the duplicator will not, and may get a penalty. if the original content will only rank if the content is good, though. Poor quality content, as usual, will not climb the rankings. (Or shouldn't, as there are sometimes sites that rank that shouldn't be.)

Moral of the story? Don't copy people's content and create high-quality original content that visitors love and find useful.

6. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If the sites are only similar in style and focus, Google should look at them like any other two sites. There are many sites that are similar to each other in many legitimate ways. UsMagazine.com is very similar to People.com; Newsweek.com is very similar to Time.com. Although both have original content, the stories in each are generally about the same topics in any given week. That should be expected since they are targeting the same audience that has the same interests.

The same result should be true of two websites in any niche. If you have a website on English bulldogs. BBQ recipes or home brewing, you can expect that there is more than one similar site.

On the other hand, if rather than being similar, the sites are nearly identical copies of each other, then Google (and presumably the other search engines) will try not to present both copies in the search result. One of them will be relegated to a lower place in the SERPs. I believe that Google tries to figure out which is the original and which is the copy but I have personally seen results where the copy is the one that gets the better ranking, so Google is certainly not perfect on that score. I suspect that Google has enough indications that in most cases it can successfully determine which version is the original.

As Denise said, create your own quality content and you should be OK.

7. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

IT wouldn't happen because Google is so unique it wold be really hard for someone to copy all of the custom works. Also I thought you first meant the same idea but soon realized what you meant. I dont think Google will be going anywhere to fast. Almost everything in the world is a copy of someone else s idea it's just been involved to make it better which makes it legal to do.

8. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Bussinessattorney has captured everything in his post. Google penalizes the duplicate content not duplicate coding. If content is unique than there is no harm.