How to verify your Chinese Partners, Suppliers or Buyers?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by chinacredit, Feb 7, 2010.

1. chinacredit

chinacredit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A lot of foreigner businessmen are always confused by the business registration of Chinese Companies, and find it really difficult verifying the business license of them. Hereafter are some tips that may help you prevent from fraud or scammers.

1. Check their contact information
    In order to avoid being traced by law enforcement authorities, most scammers will not offer genuine registration information online. They will provide a false company address, telephone number and fax number or persuade buyers to contact them by mobile phone only. Check their company registration information by search engine to see if it is a real company.

2. Check their company registration number
    Legal companies in China have to register with the Chinese government authorities and obtain a unique company registration number. If your business partner cannot offer you a unique company registration number, it is risky to deal with them. To check the registration number your supplier provided, you need to visit their local administrative government website with the number they provided. However, you should be aware that most government websites in China are in written Chinese. You can also contact their local Bureau of Industry & Commerce, which is the only government organization responsible for the registration of legitimate companies or enterprises in China. You can ask friends in China to help you verify this company. You can also use a third-party authentication service company in China to help you verify information.

3. Incredibly low prices
    Most Chinese scammers will lure buyers with very low prices. If the prices they offer are too good to be true, you should investigate why their prices are so low. Most scammers in China make a profit by selling replicas or fakes of branded goods to overseas buyers. This is very risky because the goods will be confiscated or detained by Chinese customs if they are considered illegal in China.

4. Payment and shipment terms
    The scammers never accept L/C as a term of payment. They prefer Western Union, and T/T etc. They also never deliver goods through formal channels; preferring instead to deliver samples Express by Fedex, TNT, EMS to avoid examinations from Chinese customs.

5. Warranty and after-sales services
    Scammers never guarantee their quality and after-sales services after your payment. However, they may promise you a lot before payment.

China Orient Credit Information Services CO., Ltd is a professional and local supplier of credit reporting services in China; If you need more help or information regarding this issue, please feel free to contact us, and we will reply to you as soon as possible.

E-mail: steven(AT)orientcredit.com
    Tel: 86-755-36921420
    Fax: 86-755-61624269
    P. R. China Official Business Registration No.: 440306104469452

2. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Out of interest, how long has your company been going? I've been in the credit indsutry for the past 15 years and this is the first I have heard of the company. Most people use
    Asia Credit, CCRS, China Business Information Services Co Ltd, Crediteyes China, Hua Xia Credit, Inter-Credit, SMR or Unicredit Consultant Company Ltd so I'm just interested where you fit into the market place.

Agree that this needs to be done but just to clarify that you need to check the details with a third party. Any scammer can easily throw up a dummy website with contact details and registration number displayed. It has happened in the past and I'm sure it will happen in the future.

Also.. as an update to my post above; it would be good to get an idea of your charges, # of users etc (please feel free to reply via PM if your prefer). I resell credit reports for a few agencies to help them get into different markets.

3. chinacredit

chinacredit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear Sean, thank you for your reply. Judging from you answers, you know a lot about the Credit Reporting Industry in China. I have added your Skype account, and can we talk via Skype? I will send you relevant documents for your reference regarding your questions. Thank you!

Steven Cheung @ Shenzhen, China

4. bistones

bistones
    uix_expand uix_collapse

An useful article, learn a lot from these tips. Thanks, chinacredit.

5. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Steven, no problem. Having issues with my sound at the moment and waiting for it to be fixed, but feel free to type a message through Skype and we can "talk" that way for now.