How to Use Viral Marketing

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by bytrade001, Dec 15, 2011.

1. bytrade001

bytrade001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Develop word-of-mouth recognition. It's human nature to tell our friends about a new product or service that we have found. It's in our nature, so why shouldn't we take advantage of it. If, for example, you have a website to promote, why not include a place where visitors can tell their friends about how great your website is. Furthermore, if you are offering a newsletter on your site, you might encourage visitors to ask for it by saying, “If you found the content of this site useful and you would like further information, please ask for a copy of my newsletter. At the least, please tell your friends about how helpful my site has been.”

Offer an e-book that can be produced very easily that talks about the subject of your website. You can brand it as your own for distribution from your site. As well, you can have other sites “rebrand” the book for distribution on their sites. If you simply do not have the time or inclination to write one, you can get permission to use a collection of relevant articles from any number of 'article directories' that can be found on Google. Two such websites can be found under Additional Resources at the bottom of this article.

Above all else, brand your website by using a catchy, memorable brand name. For example, my site markets writing services to the seniors' and baby boomers' market and is called Words to the Wise (see the link below), a viral marketing technique itself.

Have someone else sell your products and services and give them a commission for their efforts through Affiliate Marketing. That means no marketing cost, no financial risk, and product awareness and sales that you could not achieve through any other means. The percentage commission they are paid will determine the amount of effort they will place against your product or service. Make affiliate sign-up a very simple process, and provide them with all the sales materials they need to be successful.

These are just a few of many viral techniques that will help increase your web presence. They will also boost your traffic and increase your links. Used properly, these viral techniques will also spread your web site, product or service around the globe.What more can you ask for?

2. Yogucute

Yogucute
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm looking to find a case study of how a school has used viral marketing succesfully as a whole, or more particularly in generating leads.

#2 Yogucute, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2011
  3. Jessica1234

Jessica1234
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    I am totally agree with your views bytrade001. People are doing too much trust on the brands and services used by their friends and relatives happily. This is one of the reason behind the huge involvement of social networking sites in influencing people.
    Thanks for the share.

4. saima

saima
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very worthy post thanks for posting. the techniques like word of mouth, ebook, brand website, all are really adds value to your website. i like to add one more i.e. customer loyalty. the Loyalty makes new customers to enter in to the new concept or make your product to buy.

#4 saima, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2011
  5. Jessica1234

Jessica1234
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    You are right Saima, Loyalty in any business provides your brand a trust-able value and helps to attract new customers.

6. D Alishouse

D Alishouse
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These are all worthy efforts towards viral marketing.

I do wonder what your thoughts are on the idea of something "going viral". Everyone has heard stories or maybe even been lucky enough to be involved with a campaign that has gone viral. In my mind, you can put forth every effort to set up all of the necessary elements online but does it take extra spark of something intangible, something that comes from the public in order to go viral? I'm speaking of the times when you put up a video on Youtube and check it the next morning and it's gotten 250,000 in one day. Do you believe that kind of viral explosion can be orchestrated or is the explosive nature something that comes from outside of our control?