how to use the seed money.. ? in more project or inject in advertising?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by aviz12, Jul 20, 2011.

1. aviz12

uix_expand uix_collapse

Jul 20, 2011

I need to understand and get some ideas and views please.

Suppose i have allocation of $40,000/- seed investment money for online business.

And i have 3-4 projects in mind..

1) Would it be better starting 3 projects at same time ?
    2) So around 50% or so of seed money would go for designing of 3 projects... ? is that feasible?
    3) Or it is better to work on 1 project.. and use all rest money in PPC marketing?
    4) Or is it better to work in 1 project.. and wait for 6-10 months or so for SEO marketing to show its results..

What would you do.... share some ideas..

Also is PPC marketing healthy? or its just like throwing away money?

Please share some piece of ideas and advise.. appreciated.
  2. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Jun 13, 2011
    I think you should focus on what would bring you revenues. If all your three projects are reliable enough to cover all expenses that you are going to invest, then there's no harm in launching all at the same time.
  3. Fergal

uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Nov 18, 2007
    If I was investing that kind of money in an online business I would start off with one project and focus completely on it. I would work on the project and evaluate the results as I go along, I would not start another project until I had either taken the first project to a good level of success or decided to abandon it and start something else.

PPC marketing using something like Google Adwords can work very well. Their excellent reporting tools allow you to analyse the results you are getting to see what is working and what isn't. Once you have set up a website for your online business, PPC would be a great way to start promoting the concept and analysing the conversion rates you are getting, to see if it needs tweaking and indeed if the idea is feasible.

When you start off with a budget it is very easy to use that money in ways that don't achieve results. It pays to be very careful as to how you spend the money, act as if you have a very low budget and constantly evaluate your expenditure to ensure you only invest in methods that bring you a positive return.

Good luck with it.

[Similar / duplicate threads merged!]