How To Upload Video In Youtube

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by banie, Mar 5, 2009.

1. banie

banie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hai friends,
    I try to download then upload again in you tube but after 1/2 an hour i m still can't upload.I use small size video with avi format..i don't know whether internet connection slow or i do wrong during the uploading proses.For imformation i use broadband provide by celcom.I hope somebody outhere can help me..thanks.

#1 banie, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Banie are you trying to show the video on your own site?

Did you try using the embed link that YouTube displays to the right of the videos?

3. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a video uploaded at youtube that I did on my dial-up connection so it's maybe not anything to do with that, banie. I have heard before though that it can be difficult at peak periods to add new ones. Perhaps you could try again at a quieter time? Or is it a particularly large file?

4. flashgordonweb

flashgordonweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not sure of the question. If you want to have a Youtube video on your site, use the embed code provided by them (unless you run a Joomla site, then you need to install a specific plugin and use the mambot code).

One thing to know is when uploading a video to Youtube, if you put your URL first in the description field, then a space or hard return, the URL will be "hot" once the video has been added to their system. For example, in the description field you would do this:

http://yourwebsiteurl here

This is the cool video I am uploading that you need to watch.

Make sure you include the http:// part.

5. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great tip there, thanks for that! Do you use YouTube a lot to drive traffic to your site, flashgordonweb? It's not something I've really tried much at all so don't know what the best practices are.

6. banie

banie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually i want to upload again in youtube not in my website,as per kay said,i think it probably coz of peak period..after a few minutes later i try again and luckly i m succeed in upload the video..by the way,thanks.

7. jorden.william85

jorden.william85
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First you go for you tube site and create account fill the fields then upload your video to save the folder on computer.