How to upload program to the web hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by steve zheng, Jun 28, 2013.

1. steve zheng

steve zheng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Site program is already written,Domain name and web hosting also have bought.Now I have to do is to put the program to the web hosting.But i don't konw how to upload.Please tell me the method.

#1 steve zheng, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  2. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

have you bought the hosting space? If yes then you should login into it and click on control panel look for file manager create a new folder and upload the file into that. Now, look for domain center->add domain and point that domain on the newly created folder where you have uploaded your files.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Steve, it would be worth asking your web host about that, they should be able to help you. Basically you need to upload the program files to your web hosting account using FTP. Filezilla is an excellent FTP program if you don't have one already.

Does that help?

4. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well you can go in your Hosting Cpanel and click the Filemanager. There you can upload your file. Also you can upload your program from FTP software like FlashFXp, FileZilla or WinSCP which you have to download in your PC and install. So, you have to connect to your FTP server from the FTP client.

Some Hosting providers don't except program with .exe extensions. So make sure your Host allow all extensions to be uploaded.

• Like Like x 1
  5. steve zheng

steve zheng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for your advice, Now I have already contacted the quotient space, they told me the method.

6. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you on unmanaged hosting? If you are not familiar with such tasks then you should let your hosting provider do it on your behalf and if possible get managed hosting instead. That would save you from any trouble later on.

7. steve zheng

steve zheng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

After upload program to the web hosting, i found the hosting is not stable, access speed is slow

8. zeropid

zeropid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have bought web hosting plan you can always ask help from your hosting tech staff, they should help on initial setup

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You should ask your host if there is anything they can do to speed up your site. Also, ask them if there is anything in particular on your site, that might be slowing it down. If they can't help to speed it up, consider moving to a new host.