How To Track your SERP ( Search Engine Results Position )

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by thedocoffice, Jan 22, 2016.

1. thedocoffice

thedocoffice
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am fairly new the the SEO game, but as I am learning I often come across little gems that have clear advantages.

I have recently found a tool that I immediately put into service. It is called "Serposcope". I have been on numerous website's that allow you to see what your search engine position is and some of them are very good. I was using whatsmyserp.com for a few months. ( I recommend you check it out to get started with SERP.) But I quickly learned that all I really wanted was to look at a report of my positions as compared to my competitors each day. I did not need a lot of bells and whistles just a simple list of where I stood, and a history to show which direction I am moving. Here is the summary of where my site is and a history graph. It is just enough to let me know how I am doing. In this graph for the group of keyword phrases ( within the group EHR there are about 7 phrases ) I saw my SERP slip a little then hold steady. So I have some insight now that what I was doing prior to that may have been detrimental.

[​IMG]

You can download serposcope at https://serposcope.serphacker.com/en/

BE careful of how many searches you do each day. If you do too many searches google will start asking for a captcha, and that makes this much harder. Currently I am just watching a handful of phrases and check them once a day. So far I have not been captcha'd

I set the one of my default tabs to http://127.0.0.1:7134 and I check it every morning. I have a long way to go to beat out a top competitor but at least now I can see my progress, or lack of progress :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention one of the most important things to me, this package is free and open source.

#1 thedocoffice, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  2. muqtada123

muqtada123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

can you select the geographical location that where you want to see your keywords?

3. thedocoffice

thedocoffice
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can specify locales. You can also specify a specific IP of a google Datacenter. It has some "multi-tenant" capabilities as well.

4. Wendelle Black

Wendelle Black
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can also try the Rank Tracker by SEO PowerSuite, been using it for years and it's been really good in delivering my SERP standings on the major search engines.

5. zotowatson

zotowatson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Promotional links are not allowed in normal forum posts. This post has been edited to remove a promotional link.
    You can also track your ranking with geographical location, with help of Rankinity. It is paid tool but you get USD $5 , when you register.

6. Adella

Adella
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use serps.com for my websites. It helps me to get my websites ranking with geographical location, local searches and possible keyword combinations too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sameera

sameera
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think SEMrush tool is the best one to track your search engine rankings in a more detailed and enhanced way. You can try this tool for free .

8. randiv

randiv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Basically i always prefer manual way, But If we want discuss about tools then SEMRush and Google Webmaster Tools are potential.

9. Apollyon

Apollyon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm also big on SEMRush and Google Webmaster Tools. I'll check out Serposcope, sounds interesting.

10. sameera

sameera
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may use various tools like SEMrush, Google analytics for the same. Also, checking queries manually on search engines is also the another good way to do the same.

11. John J Peterson

John J Peterson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I used to use IBP when I first started and then moved to serpfox recently

12. Ditmar

Ditmar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I used Topvisor Rank Tracker to track positions in Google, Yahoo, Bing and uncommon search engines (such as Yandex). It has the ability to customize projects to track keywords in multiple locations and languages as if from different countries.

How it looks like:
    [​IMG]

#12 Ditmar, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  13. Nitesh Jaiswar

Nitesh Jaiswar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can try the SERPBOOK as it quite helpful to check the status of your keywords and in which position it was ranking currently in the search engines. In Google Webmaster also one can check the ranking of the keywords in which the website is showing in different search engines.

14. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am using SEMRUSH for keeping eye on my keywords. it is very handy tool and It also has many other features like back link checker and you can also go for the competitor analysis. and it works fine for me.

15. Magento_oCodewire

Magento_oCodewire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer SemRush tool for tracking all the rankings. You can also use SemRush tool for track the ranking. :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. bangthetable

bangthetable
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mostly SEO people will checking the keyword ranking manually. But if the website is large or bulk keywords, they will use the paid tool of software to tracking bulk keyword rankings. serps(dot)com is the great free and paid tool to check the keyword ranking position.

17. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Rank tracker is pretty powerful tool for this. It is a part of SEO powersuite which for me is one of the best programs for anyone related to SEO field.