How to Successfully Start a Company

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by akashjshah, Oct 27, 2009.

1. akashjshah

akashjshah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here's some useful advice for any budding entrepreneurs or people thinking about starting up a new company. Forgetting this step could lead to failure. Avoid the common mistake that many entrepreneurs do. Read an Entrepreneur's Guide to Market Research.

Thanks!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi akashjshah, can you please include some of the tips in your post rather than simply linking to your blog post?

Thanks!

3. Elomelo

Elomelo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Fergal. It would have been nice if akashjshah could include some useful points instead of linking a blog post. The thread could have gained some weight then.

4. akashjshah

akashjshah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sure!

I will do that from now on. Thanks for the advice.

5. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

waiting for some the tips buddy! i havent clicked on the link given by you so far!

6. unleashed

unleashed
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I read that article, it was very helpful. What I found the most useful was the real-time experiences. Thanks for the link :)

7. KouK

KouK
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will have a look at this and read it right now :D

8. akashjshah

akashjshah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks guys!

I have just finished some posts related to this - mainly related to how to do all the things I discussed in this article. Namely, how to use Google products to conduct market research in order to gauge your market viability.

Google provides great services for an entrepreneur looking to gauge a particular consumer base.

One of the most important ways to gauge your market is through a survey. There are many ways to do this. You could simply go to a coffee shop and ask people about their tastes and preferences for a particular product related to coffee. But, in our Internet-savvy world, there is a much better way to gauge your audience.

In this section, I will outline a 3-step method that will allow you to validate whether people are interested in the product or service that you are about to develop. By following this 3-step method, you will see if your business is viable.

A brief overview of the 3-step method:

1. Using Google Sites, set up a landing page, which describes your product or service, has at least three survey questions on it and has a contact email address.
    2. Using Google Adwords, make at least three ads that contain catchy descriptions of your product and have a link to your landing page created in Google Sites.
    3. Using Google Analytics and data provided in Google Adwords, analyze the data and results to see whether your business is viable.

To see detailed explanations about these steps, Step 1 can be read here. Step 2 can be read here.
    Step 3 is coming soon!

Tell me what you guys think. I'm trying to have more screenshots. But I'm still not sure if I have enough or not enough. Any comments are appreciated!

Thanks!

9. diamantary

diamantary
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thank you for the link.i think it is good for me

10. maahi

maahi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many that plan to start a business that do not realize the many costs and heartaches that are wrapped into the business’s foundation. Yet, you can avoid many of the pitfalls of a business by simply taking preventative measures ahead of time. There is nothing like owning your own business, working for yourself, and making your own money. But, it does offer many challenges that you will need to overcome time and time again, no matter what your business actually is.

It is important for you to realize that a business is structured in such a way that you have to find the ways to make it run. There are no defined rules that will help your business run. But, here are some things that you can do that will prepare you for what lies ahead.

• Make sure that your business provides for the customer. In some manner, you need to meet his needs, his desires or a combination of both. You need to have something that someone out there wants.
    • You also need to insure that your product or service has a way of sticking out. To start business rolling, you’ll want your product or service to seem new and exciting or better somehow than the others.
    • You also need to watch your money. Whether you are using funding through a financial institution or if you are using your own money, use it wisely. Too much at the start of business will leave you in trouble quickly.
    • Make sure you can handle an emergency. Something is bound to go wrong, but if you plan out ways to handle this in the business as well as financially, you can get through them much faster.
    • To start business right, remember to keep your employees and customers happy and satisfied in you and the business you have to offer.

11. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First, you should have ideas and after brainstorming on these ideas you have chosen best one. Do research on this idea and gather information regarding your target market. Take opinion of your potential customers and clients and after analyzing each and every information start your business.

12. seoiv

seoiv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think internet marketing is good way to promote your business and get maximum clients. One can go global via search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, Ask.

13. jessicabrown

jessicabrown
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Mahi & akash for sharing nice business tips as we know that before setting up a business its important to preplan or market research is very important

14. ChrisLeads

ChrisLeads
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How do the financial backers define success?

anyway thanks for the informative posts.

15. BusinessAdvisor

BusinessAdvisor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The smartest way to start a business with no clients, no business plan, no website, very little experience is to seek the help of business advisors. They can give you the best advice any business owner will need. Get business advice to achieve business success. Get advice from business advisors and entrepreneurs who have been in the trenches and have the battle scars to prove anything regarding business. I would say the best solution is to seek for professional advice. A business advisor or someone who is highly-knowledgeable in business can help you out in weighing all options.

16. diaze082

diaze082
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all you have to make an idea which kind of company you want to open. Before opening a company you have to make a good business plan so that you can see the your business figure.

17. untitled

untitled
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's hard to build a business from advice and reading books. I think the most important thing is to experiment, and learn through experience. Starting a small "test" business could be good.

18. harvestllc

harvestllc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We all want to be a successful entrepreneur, well here are some tips for you:
    1. Offer what people want to buy, not just what you want to sell.
    2. Get cash flowing ASAP
    3. Always find new ways to keep costs low
    4. When planning, always overestimate expenses and underestimate revenues
    5. Focus on sales and marketing manically.
    6. Find ways to exponentially increase profits
    7. Test and measure everything.
    8. Accept that learning more equals earning more.
    9. Accept that learning more equals earning more.
    10. Get a coach.

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/204982

19. bfasib

bfasib
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This thread and the link was very helpful to me.

Thanks!!

20. Bharat Book

Bharat Book
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanx to akash and maahi for posting such important information to us.It will benefited for people,who want to start a company..to set up organization,it's necessary to know diifferent market,customer demand,recent market strategies etc.For this market research plays important role.