How to start my own SEO services Business?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by anaykahome, Feb 1, 2016.

1. anaykahome

anaykahome
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi ,
    I am anaya and i want to start my own business of SEO services for any architectural company and also for others company too.
    But I am confused how can I start on a low budget?

Anaya

#1 anaykahome, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
  2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

What made you decide to start an SEO services business? Do you have any experience with SEO? A lot of people who want to start an SEO business, don't ask those two questions, and that's where you should start. In order to sign up clients, you need to be able to show them you know more than they do, and they're not just throwing their money away. Many of them have probably already done that, so they are going to be cautious about spending more. Can you give us a better idea of how "low" your budget is? You're going to need various types of software for both analysis and organization purposes, and the free versions do not give the tools that a business should have. You also won't be able to do everything yourself, so you'll have to hire skilled people to do it for you - and sites like Fiverr are not going to work.
    Before you decide to start your own SEO business, make sure you know what you're getting into.

3. anaykahome

anaykahome
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Promotional Links are not allowed in normal forum posts. This post has been edited to remove a promotional link.
    Thank you sir for given me reply .I have some knowledge of SEO.Some software are freely available which one help me to handle my business.
    Mostly work i can doing using Google analytic.can you explain me which one tool is better for SEO research or analysis?

Anaya

4. cutthecheck

cutthecheck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Only get into SEO or any business if you love it. Most people think that going after money will help them get closer to your dreams. That's not true. That's a fear based mentality. You will age and then you will realize that OMG!!! I wish I had the balls to go after my passion. So if SEO is not your passion, DO NOT DO IT! SEO these days is NOT easy and it's MASSIVELY time consuming.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You should have both Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools. I have used Semrush, others have used Screaming Frog for website analysis, and SEO Powersuite has a variety of tools for keyword research, rank monitoring, website audit, and link analysis.

6. shrikant

shrikant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO field is being difficult nowdays. It is not that much simple and one wrong step can destroy all your work done and in worst situations can affect the site badly, in terms of spamming, ranking drop, etc. So my honest advice is get deep study of SEO before starting your own business or at least trying your knowledge on some other's website and business.

For short term you can go on some freelance website like freelancer.com where you will get some professionals who outsource small size seo jobs. you can get them to free your hands on.

7. Sushant_09

Sushant_09
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's not just the SEO services can survive alone. The development needs to be in all the directions simultaneously i.e. SEO (i.e. Seach Engine Optimization), SMM (i.e. Social Media Marketing), PPC (i.e. Pay Per Click). The SEO & the PPC are quite similar, the only difference is that the SEO is a process of getting the webpages of a website to rank better in an organic search result whereas the PPC is a paid campaign-based formula to advertise for your websites/webpages for different keywords.

The online marketing has revolutionized the way of working and has changed the way websites/webpages were perceived.
    SEO part is generally done for the search engines and needs to be evolving in nature. But in order to spread the word to the masses about a business and its products/services social media platform is taken into consideration.

Also to get a business out of it you need to first take up projects (Of Course only if you are familiar with how Online Marketing works) even if they pay you nothing but then you need to market your own work. Initially reach out through portals for freelancers. then you can get going.

8. cutthecheck

cutthecheck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@sushant and @shrikant - You guys are both right. SEO is HARD (Ranking sites) and to truly be successful marketing company, you need to offer ALL kinds of services. 100%.

9. stevepalladous

stevepalladous
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm assuming architecture is either your passion or your background/experience since those are the clients you want to help the most. Coming from that angle you'll have the knowledge to really share your passion with the people you work with, and build the kinds of awesome content and marketing strategies that really connect with the buyers in that industry. That should allow you to move beyond doing 'just SEO' for them - although local SEO is presumably going to be a priority for most of your clients.

You can do all the local citation building and other related work 'by hand' through endless spreadsheet work and google usage but it's time consuming, and probably not good use of your clients' budgets so once you're up and running explore the various local citation tools. There are a few out there, and one of the cheapest is Moz Local and gaining a lot of traction. It had a lot of problems at launch but I'm told it's better now, though I haven't revisited yet. Yext is the industry leader, but a lot more expensive until you have enough clients to justify the pricing.

Local SEO is actually a good place to start, so you're thinking along the right lines picking up on professional services firms like that and if you're an 'insider' and someone they'll get on with because you have a passion for their trade all the better. Just please make sure you have all the bases covered on knowledge and don't take gambles with other people's businesses cutting corners and using dodgy links and outdated practices to save money. If you negotiate a fair budget upfront with your clients, you'll be able to do a great job for them. Take a budget that doesn't let you get anything done... you're doing them and you a disservice in the long run.

10. geeksremote24-7

geeksremote24-7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are an experience one then you can start from local seo techniques like Classified submissions,Forum posting,Business listing.Local seo is a good start for your architecture website.You can also use social media network to promote your website content.

11. spyindiaanu

spyindiaanu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you start low budget business then think about, how will be able to bring the business at the success level. Because i think that in business their is chance to get profit and side-wise losses. If you get loss in the business then how you handle the low budget business. So first you have full knowledge about business which you have to established. If you then you sure get success in the business.

12. Raj

Raj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be familiar with some software tools- website auditor, seo suites, website optimizer
    Self Evaluate your knowledge with creating new website & ranking it for a keyword about architecture (as your interest) prepare a case study in how many days its done provide live proof!!!!
    Have a website or blog on your own
    Half done now promote the contents case study or info graphic thru ads of your target customers
    Now have different bundle offers for customers back link building, consulting seo, website auditing

13. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This is a bit confusing. I would also recommend the OP promote her website after establishing one, but I think we disagree on the methods. how does she promote her website by writing a case study? What does she then do with the case study? I also don't think infographics, the current flavor of the month, should be used on their own. They can, however, be used to enhance an article. As far as bundles, and link building, we stop using methods when they become outdated, and it would be disingenuous to recommend outdated methods to others.
    She can promote herself without a website by writing articles on networking sites, possibly by starting her own blog, and including contact information, but a website would give her more credibility.

• Like Like x 2
  14. hanerykroze

hanerykroze
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can start work as a freelancer. Then you can build links with other seo professionals, writers.