How to start Clothing Business

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by marthareyusa123, Dec 15, 2010.

1. marthareyusa123

marthareyusa123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to start Clothing Business just like Unique One Piece Swimwear, Resort Wear Dresses, Tie Dye Swimsuits.

2. Rasha

Rasha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you want to open a store or you want to have an online business ?

3. ava_camen

ava_camen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

start with showing quality photos of your chosen merchandise from a free website.. - market it to your target market :)

4. Ramesh M

Ramesh M
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Find a job working for a clothing manufacturer .

Any clothing company though if you can find one within your chosen genre even better ! If not take the job . learn and watch from every department . Even what you may consider boring or un creative . Accounting , shipping , sales , etcetera .

Volunteer for a small company who may not have the funds to hire you . You could be a runner and just do the odd jobs no one has time for , breathe in the environment. You will learn who their suppliers & customers are . This is your higher education .

From this foundation go and create your dream .

5. skpbearings

skpbearings
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I hope you are doing well..! First of all you must be learn about the clothing business. Just like any business, you need creativity, drive and some solid business knowledge. After all you can start this business. When deciding on your target market, start with the basics. Develop a best business plan and use it as an outline for your small business. Few business experts say as little as $30,000 is a good start to opening a small clothing business.

Tips on how to start a clothing business

• Learn some essential information about the clothing industry
    • Determine startup costs as well as establish operating policies for your business
    • Choosing a right location for your store
    • Hiring right employees for a clothing store
    • Choosing the reputed cloth suppliers
    • Marketing for your clothing business
    Now, You can start your own clothing business and take control of your life right now.

6. abdulghanysyed

abdulghanysyed
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First go and visit some manufacturing companies, andinterrogated about their policies, after purchasing a certain amount of stock, try to sell online and offline with reasonable prices..

best of luck

7. S & F CONSULTING FIRM LTD

S & F CONSULTING FIRM LTD
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Normally 3 ways clothing business can be started as follows:
    1. Manufacturing
    2. General trading
    3. Opening Buying House
    Before start any business need to know the law of country, place of business, competitors, information of market, make plan and vision and fix capital.

Thank You for opportunity of posting
    S & F CONSULTING FIRM LIMITED

8. mybunnydate

mybunnydate
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It would be very useful to use dropshippers, in that case your risks / expenses are gonna be really low. Drop shipping companies basically do all work: they produce products, ship to customers and handle returns. All you need is a website. they will provide pictures which you can place on your website and once you get an order from online customer - you would notify dropshippers and they will do the rest. you keep the difference.

• Like Like x 1
    #8 mybunnydate, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2016
  9. CorporateViking

CorporateViking
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I'd be concerned about where your Blue Ocean strategies are. IBISworld and Frost and Sullivan (the two largest researcher companies for business stuff) agree in the riskiness of that industry.

http://media.ibisworld.com/2014/10/15/10-riskiest-industries-2014-2015/

Looking at that report, it seems women apparel isn't doing well and with some authentic position you could revitalize the industry. Someone didn't tell it to Kanye and he lost an enormous amount of money in men's apparel (which also went down.) I'd try to see how I could authentically position my product before I ever touched the production part.

Always do the conversation backwards.
    (In reverse)
    Who is going to pay me? (Businesses or Consumers)
    How do I get my product/service in front of them?
    What do they need to know/feel to feel comfortable making a decision?
    What is my product?
    How do I produce that product?
    Who can help me run my business?
    What documentation do I need to start my business?
    What is my unique value proposition?

If you do it the other way (which most people do) you're likely to spend a lot of time and effort trying to understand the business monster and not making revenue (like most people do).

10. Ben Wood

Ben Wood
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The first step in starting a home clothing business is deciding what types of clothing to sell. It is more beneficial to sell a particular niche of clothing.

11. vince0190

vince0190
    uix_expand uix_collapse

whatever kind of dress you have, try to be more creative in a design, like eye catching design so when people see it they will be interested to take a look, much higher chance of a good profit